Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: World War 2 underground chamber at Gambier Road?
Home away from home
From kuciang
btw,i read the paper today & our local assembly man,Dominique Ng still holding his stand - there's still "something" down there..!

Posted on: 2009/7/17 14:38

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
Quote:

webbie wrote: ... they would investigate Ng’s claims.
Usually if i am not feeling like doing some stupo job my boss give me, I will say: Ok, I "would" do it ...

Posted on: 2009/7/17 22:37

Just popping in
I was so excited when I first read about this news, deep inside I thought we might be discovering something great that was part of Kuching's history...it's a bummer to know if we all got excited over nothing! However, I still think this city is one of the most "British-ish" cities in the country.

Posted on: 2009/7/18 23:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
cross your fingers. its not over yet, i thought dominique ng further pursued the claim and halt the destruction?

Posted on: 2009/7/19 0:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Terra
And the battle over the Gambier Street icons continue.

Personally, old foundations do not really provide much in terms of 'tourism' appeal but it does have massive 'historical significance.' Old WWI and WWII rock-cut forts in Sydney are just mere curiosities for hikers who decide to hike along the South Heads and are not marketed as tourism products. Like these 'hidden tunnels,' they seem to blend in with the scenery, and sadly, some are not well maintained, but they do provide pleasant surprises for the world-weary traveller.

Though I must admit, this would be a good plotline for a book. Oh, and good for the 'rumour mills' of Kuching. Just imagine: Lord White Hair demolishing old buildings along the Gambier Street Embankment to look for the Fountain of Youth, with the entrance via hidden tunnels. Or maybe some relic that provides the holder with immense power. Or something. Reminds me of the old 'construction of the Umbrella to look for WWII gold' rumour.

Posted on: 2009/7/19 12:18

Home away from home
From miri
Quote:
And the battle over the Gambier Street icons continue.

Though I must admit, this would be a good plotline for a book. Oh, and good for the 'rumour mills' of Kuching. Just imagine: Lord White Hair demolishing old buildings along the Gambier Street Embankment to look for the Fountain of Youth, with the entrance via hidden tunnels. Or maybe some relic that provides the holder with immense power. Or something. Reminds me of the old 'construction of the Umbrella to look for WWII gold' rumour.

Well, any good adventure story book would take the protagonist to far-out-of-reach places for the Fountain of Youth or whatever symbol of power/magic there is, from various hints jumping from one exotic locale to the next, not starting from their own backyard...

Posted on: 2009/8/11 10:55

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]