Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: CD prices
Kekekekeke... mai a ne kong, mai a ne kong... i just voice up my opinion nia... as for the good of local band... kekekekeke...

I also wish their song will be into the international market someday, of course i am talking about the local band from... "K-U-C-H-I-N-G"

Don't think will interested with the co-ordinator job, it is enough for me and satisfy for become the local "Lobang King", kekekekeke...

Anyway, i keep notice about a very talented kid in town who might have the potential become the great manager or the co-ordinator, if i am not mistaken, his name is "Chen Wei-Zhen" (??????)

Posted on: 2004/6/4 20:43

Just popping in
well its easier to say that way. the fact is there arent many recording companies here. sponsors? haha. not so easy to get. which bussiness man would love doing something thats makin them lose money. at this time, most bands are on their own. kuchings music scene isnt that bad. we have alot of talented ppl goin over to KL, australia etc to be musicians.

even if LOCAL CD prices were to be sold at the RM20 range, it will still not cover up the cost for the album production. the full cost will still have to be covered by doing live shows and doing live shows here in kuching isnt an easy thing.

Posted on: 2004/6/4 20:52

Kekekekeke... this is the same problem which the local band face with ten years ago and ten years after.

Things never change, they still think about the bad and negative way before they made the first move.

Those who i ever met before, keep thinking they are very "T-A-L-E-N-T-E-D", and too bad is, always hide in their own shell, not willing to accept the fact.

If more band are on their own, so then, just let them keep moving like this then. This is what i did now.

"which bussiness man would love doing something thats makin them lose money. "

Kekekekeke... no offence ahhhh... we never know the answer if we never try it out. If we have so sure that there is no other "ppl" willing to sponsor at the first time, and not even wililng to go and have a try, i really think it is kind of pity. Try it, the chance is 50% 50%, or not, the chance is 0. Since Hung Production, International Times are saying that they always do their best in pushing the local music industry, i don't think they will say no to the local band, unless they are against their promise before, or the "quality" of local band not enough to persuade them to do so.

And by the way, if this is kind of business of "lose money", i wonder why still got local band is interested in producing their own album? Becuase of their "INTEREST" ? Well, why cant we think that there also have some of the businessman nowadays who interested with music?

At least i know the tauke for the boutique shop in Kuching Plaza is (forgot his name oledi), but he do have their own band before named "Spider"

Still stick to the old question, you never try it, you never know it.

kuchings music scene isnt that bad. we have alot of talented ppl goin over to KL, australia etc to be musicians.

Emm... i am not quite sure about this, don't talk about those singers lar, but i know those who work as producer or for music arrangement include Mac Chew, Jenny Chin (that is 10 years ago), and recently we do have Chen Wei-Quan, Ah-Guan, Cao-Ge... eeeee... i though we are talking about "local band" but not musicians?

I still believed that local band will need a "stage" to perform, while those musicians might not need it. They can further their interest in studio or with computer programming or music arrangement... or even just a background vocal.

the fact is there arent many recording companies here.

Are you refer to Kuching? Of course it is no, kekekekeke... unless you are talking about the iban record company in Sibu (forgot the name as well, but Ivy & Andrew Bonne James used to be their singer before).

But when talking about the record company in KL, well... i think rock record and their subsidary company "Quan Qiu Yin Yue" (Earth's music --- if i am not mistaken) are still interested in promoting with local music, if the music is really "GOOD" enough.

Sony music also help to promote a new guy from Malaysia before name "Yuan Jing-Lun". And even Warner Music introduce "Cao-Ge" 2 years ago.

I will think all the record company will try to help, if their music really good enough to attract them to do so.

even if LOCAL CD prices were to be sold at the RM20 range, it will still not cover up the cost for the album production.

Emmmm... thats why i recommend, since the suggested selling price cant cover the production cost, why don't just get some sponsor? I still remember there is a cute pretty lady in Kuching named ????? (Foo Ai-Ping, if i am not making any mistake) did also released her own CD album, with just very simple design, outlook but the music effect is quite ok, the most important is, IT IS LOCAL. The production cost is less than 1k for 100 copies.

Well, why i bring up the issue is just to prove that, "THERE ARE NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, THE PROBLEM IS, HOW SURE YOU ARE WITH THE THING YOU WANT TO DO?"

Still the old word, Good Luck Buddy.

Posted on: 2004/6/4 21:14

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:
recently we do have Chen Wei-Quan, Ah-Guan, Cao-Ge... eeeee... i though we are talking about "local band" but not musicians?

Ah-Guan ? Since when i become singer?
who curi curi dengar me main guitar?
hehhehehe...

anyway.. shredder..
hope you don't get offended or insulted in anyway
by what Vince is saying..

Its just a 3rd party view of the LOCAL music industry.
So you might try to understand the current situation or problem instead of just stick to the same thought.

Or just assume its a Awareness for u~
if you don't agree.. can always say whats on your mind.

<b>Quote of the Forum</B>
"Action speaks louder than words"

also Vince,
he might be refering to local BANDS..
like those who performed that night on Fat Cat Rock Festival and those bands played on Chinese Battle of the Bands.

I can admit those are really talented local musicians and artist.
TOo bad they never really got any chance to EXPOSE themselves publicly or nationly.

I myself is a music freak and always caught with the local music scene. Had been following from time to time.

the local bands can really play those songs from famous bands like Rage Against the Machine, Deftones Mariyln manson, korn and many more. They can really Mimic the original ones.

saD to say, But once they are on their on.., its back to old school .
rock. The same style and same tune same singing voice.

The band i found with differences is Dream Machine. Now tats creative in a way.

Back to the english rock songs. There is still not enough exposure. International bands are really musicians. They can really produce music with Catchy sounds.

They are not only expose with guitars and drums and bass but also Dj-mix equipment, trumpet, keyboard and other music instruments.

Say like Linkin Park, they are heavy metal band but they also expose to using keyboards and DJ-mixes.

A non heavy metal.. like No Doubt, they use classical guitar, trumpets as different sound.

There is once where i witness a underground gig at Hilton.
i saw lots of bands and some of my friends are playing also.

Once of the band original song,
they played sape sound on guitar then mix with heavy metal sound effects.

Another band uses NZ native music instrument.. and mix with heavy metal effects on guitars.

Thats creative..
lols.. hope you get my message here.

Posted on: 2004/6/4 21:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just popping in
hei nice comments guys. i m not offended or anything. keep posting your ideas.

talking about mixing traditional instruments with heavy metal etc, those are done quite often and are not smth new. to those seeing it for the 1st time, yeah, u might think its cool and original.

dream machine is unique, true, but i also know other talented unique bands with their own genres. i do agree there are some bands who arent really talented in songwriting and end up sounding the same.

turntables, trumpets all that are quite hard to get around here(i mean those who play 'em). that i agree but there are local bands such as tribus who have their own DJ. i also play electric drums and i do sampling too.

Posted on: 2004/6/5 14:09

Webmaster
From Kuching
No one to play DJ turntable mixes?
Oh well.. always can learn from the best , Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine

Scratches the guitar to mimic the DJ mixes.

Open in new window

Quote:
talking about mixing traditional instruments with heavy metal etc, those are done quite often and are not smth new. to those seeing it for the 1st time, yeah, u might think its cool and original.

I know but seldom ppl knows them.
Currently whatever band exist now..
its only.. like "Main untuk diri saja"

Only expose to whoever knows them, or kawan punya kawan.
its not publicly expose.

sadly.. those are like part-time entertainer for a small town.
Hardly ever been recognized by the hometown itself.

Example like Nice stupid playground...
they were hot in around late 90's ?
but now, you hardly heard of them anymore..

slowly fade.. and it never last.
maybe they just pop out into the music scene once in a while.

Piracy is never a issue to stop local bands from growing big.
Cuz you hardly find a pirated cd on local bands.

I went to Tower Records in KL and i can't find Evenstarr original cd.

Me : "Lu orang ada jual itu Evenstarr punya CD kah?"
Salesgurl : " Ape? Filem apa tu? "

Things i want to see is a Band to make a difference of how the music industry now.

Not just expose to some local underground music fans but publicly. Doesn't matter if their music type is doesn't suit everyone. Most important is they're expose to everyone in their hometown.

Sort of representatives of Local Music Scene..

Try to name one band or musician which is well known in whole of Kuching/sarawak ?

None~

You might know.. but i might not know..
if i know.. others might not know...

till today there is no local band name that can represent Kuching or sarawak Entirely.

What you think?
tell me what you think of the local music industry.

Posted on: 2004/6/5 14:34

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Erm...Ah Guan, speaking of local music artists, I heard that Radhi from OAG is from Kuching, some ppl say that he's actually an ex-St. Jo. My friend say he saw Radhi performing once wearing the St. Joseph school tie. Wonder if you know anything about this?

The only singer from Kuching that I ever hear the music is Jason Lo.

Evenstarr, Nice Stupid Playground, I know they from S'wak, but I never hear their music before.

Also, remember the government say they want to lower cd prices? Stupid pricks, that's what they are. Never keep promises one. First they say January 2004, but January come, prices still same. Then they say April. Ok, I wait 3 months, April, still the same price. Now I read newspaper they want to propose in Parliament so that the lower prices start on July. We'll see whether true anot, July got lower cd prices.

It's not I don't want to buy original cd's. I want to buy, the only thing is very expensive. So they say that they want to lower prices, I very happy, can buy. But then they keep postponing the date. And they still dare to encourage ppl not to buy fake cd? WTF??!! I want to buy original, it's you stupid assholes who keep postponing the date!!

I have a good mind not to buy original anymore, continue support fake cd, just to spite them. so pissed off at those cuntfaces assholes.

Heheh, sorry, had to get it out of my system.

Posted on: 2004/6/5 20:46

Webmaster
From Kuching
Lols..
i heard that lots of times..
but never once confirm any of them are from stjoe.

Except for Jason Lo..
Got one time radio interview.. someone ask if he was from stjoe..
he said.. he was previously Lodge school and then Stjoe.

FOr OAG..
those i have no idea..

Nice Stupid Playground..
some say from st Thom,, some say from stjoe..
i don't know..

Lols. original CDs..
yeah i admit.. its expensive.. rm40,50,60

nah who needs to get those original while you have a backup version found in ppl's hardisk where u can "borrow" it online..

lols .. hope you get what i mean..
i am not suppose to encourage it.. so i will say it in another way.
hahahaha...

Posted on: 2004/6/6 2:08

Just popping in
haha. well thats malaysian i gotta say. always go for the cheapest stuff. if CD prices were RM20 original surely ppl will still go for the RM 5 cetak rompak.

Posted on: 2004/6/6 11:00

Home away from home
From Kuching lah
human instict lah, or was it human nature, owes wan sumtin cheaper or the best things in life for us is owes sumtin FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2004/6/6 16:44

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.