From Kuching
Do you want me to add the poll here?

If u want..just let me know

Posted on: 2004/6/3 21:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: CD prices
Home away from home
From Kuching lah
wats the status of cd prices in malaysia now hah? they alreayd implement the use of the cheaper prices ah? when will it start? how muc is the price now?

Posted on: 2004/6/4 8:20

Webmaster
From Kuching
""GOOD"" news is that goverment is really really on the run to clear all the pirated software used in companies. they're not kidding this time.

as warned in the newspaper before 1st June.
"WE ARE COMING AFTER YOU"

Now the operation Ops Tulen had begun.. can see news on that many company kenak sapu. Got one company.. they estimated rm297,000 worth of computers and softwares

now back to the main topic

maybe the operation COULD increase the CD price.
The price currently is still same, i can still see RM50 cd in some shopping complex.

Posted on: 2004/6/4 8:35

Home away from home
From Kuching lah
haiya, so celaka wan lah sumtimes the government. say wan to make the price cheaper, nvr do wan. maybe the government jus too busy dealing with all the other crap, and they jus dun bother, 'sigh'.

Posted on: 2004/6/4 8:40

Just popping in
thanks but i have this link around already. want to know what ppl are willing to pay(not just those from this site).

Posted on: 2004/6/4 9:19

Webmaster
From Kuching
bring this up for discussion...
How much will you pay for a CD by a local band?

For local band...rm25-30 would be reasonable...
not to say the quality and standard is lower compared to international...

but what i think is just that its LOCAL!, the locals shud have the privilege to get the cd at lower prices.

If those cd are exported and sold in other countries.. then it should be the normal cd price for them.

what you guys think?

Posted on: 2004/6/4 9:39

Home away from home
From Kuching lah
of corse should be like that mah. if its from own country, of corse we pay less lah. see in US, they much less than we do, and most of those cd's are new and current wan. to me, the price for the local shud be around the $20 tp $30 range. plus this is not after they implement the cheaper cd price yet....then will hav to lessen again.

Posted on: 2004/6/4 9:43

I afraid that i will be scolded badly or being "belasah" until dead after i say this... :cheesy: :grin:

I think... the reasonable price for local band's album / CD should be "

"F-R-E-E"

Sorry but i never mean to look down or having any bias about local band. Perhaps i always judge thing or think a bit "abnormal" than others.

I still feel that, the local (Kuching) music industry is just in the beginning stage, not much people know about the local artist, composer or the singer as well.

In terms of "A & P" (Advertising & Promoting), why they should do first is "Achieved Adequate Publicity". Selling own album around RM 20 - RM 30, of course will get those fans who always support the local music industry to buy the album, but at the same time, it will also "scared" those people who willing to have a "try" at the first time.

So... i will suggest that, the local band might first get the sponsor from production company, media, radio station (the local private radio station do have their own production room) or any company who is willing to sponsor in producing the CD album. This will indirectly to minimise the production cost, at least the local band don't have to pay full amount to produce their CD.

Second, send as many promotion copy to local newspaper, radio station, or even leave it on CD shops (like local CD Rama, Empire), Hotels, Airport, Shopping Complex... to let the public know about their music "FOR FREE"

(You know, Kuching people always interested with those which is "F-R-E-E)

Well, until now, you might have a question : "How the Local Band will survive then ?"

Through the released of Free CD album (maybe just single with 2-3 songs), they may try to have routine performed in place like Tribes, Local Music Cafe with Stage, just like Resevoir Park, they will be paid for this (although it is not much).

After couples of month (or maybe 1 -2 years), if they really so "T-A-L-E-N-T-E-D, and as if their music is really G-O-O-D, i am sure that they will get the full attraction from record company or even other sponsor in helping them to released for their "FIRST FULL ALBUM", and start consider to push it to market and sell it with reasonable price.

Of course the starting point is tough and hard, they are not only the musician, the composer, the lyrics writer, the singer...... but they have to be their own manager, PR, co-ordinator and so on... this is the price that they have pay for the future.

Good luck buddy.

Posted on: 2004/6/4 10:21

Home away from home
From Kuching lah
wah vince, u really lihai on this topic hoh, wakakaka. jus compliment nia lah, dun look from the other way around. u shud be coordinator for these local bands, hehe. just a thought.

Posted on: 2004/6/4 12:42

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.