KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Searching for good and cheap USB 3G Modem
Just can't stay away
Currently, it has been occurred to my mind to have a portable 3G internet connection since the connection in my campus is really sucks indeed.
I'm determined to use Celcom Broadband Prepaid since you can have the opt. to unsubscribe it for a week.

Here's my thoughtful idea.

Instead of starting to use it on Monday till Sunday (1 week/RM20) on the same week, i want to use it starting Wedenesday and it will end up on Tuesday next week.
Technically, I can use it for 2 weeks and even I can wait for a day or two to subscribe to it again.

Hence, my usage maybe less than RM68 according to the existent D68 plan.

The thing is the cost of a good modem and the price.
I do not want to use the modem that being provided by Celcom in Vodafone brand cause it has already being lock to use Celcom simcard only.
Assume that i want to use Digi Campus plan where I can get EDGE unlimited plan just for RM30; i could save a lot.

In a nutshell, i want people's opinion by recommend me to a good usb stick modem and the price is quite reasonable.

I know that i just could survey at Saberkas but i simply do not have the time.

Thank you in advance people.

p/s: to who're student and below 25 years old can switch your digi number to Digi Campus at any Digi Centre or even subscribe to Digi Discovery Student postpaid plan.

Posted on: 2009/9/17 15:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Searching for good and cheap USB 3G Modem
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
get the Huawei one. its pretty good. can't recall the price.
but thats the cheapest for a good quality one.

i personally used it before few times.

Posted on: 2009/9/17 15:42

Home away from home
Actually what is the difference between using the USB modem stick and using 3G mobile phone as modem? I'm currenlty on D68 plan and using sony Ericssons W660 as the modem. The only difference is the cable though but u can use via bluetooth as well. In terms of speed I think it's the same since D68 is only for the 386 kbps.

Posted on: 2009/9/17 15:59

Home away from home
rahman, lucky for you I have been searching for a USB Modem as well. I have streamyx at home, it is just that when I am outstation, I need to go online, as such it would be nice to bring a USB Modem with a really flexible plan like Celcom's Prepaid.

After going around, I happend to find the cheapest at rm199, it is a black Huawei with a stylized "3G" on it, it is found at PC Image, at The Spring. I believe it is next to Boulevard IT.

That is the cheapest, I tried looking around for 2nd hand Modem, but they were around rm190. I might as well as get a brand new one right?

Sure you could use a 3G mobile phone to log on the net, it is just that your phone get hot easily and it drains the battery, or course this is depending on the different models of phones.

Happy surfing, might get 1 the USB modem for myself real soon.

Posted on: 2009/9/17 19:47

Just can't stay away
becuz i only have one phone and it could be quite troublesome to change the simcard.
better to buy a USB modem because it maybe be quite useful in the future.
but for the huawei usb modem, does it support EDGE cause i plan to use my DiGi soon to change Digi Campus plan where it only support the highest till EDGE.

Posted on: 2009/9/19 17:59

Just can't stay away
i already changed to DiGi Campus and right now currently I need to choose between CSL (RM170) and Huawei (RM190).
my budget is around RM200 so i want to get the best choice with best price?
Does CSL modem dc always or Huawei?

Posted on: 2009/10/6 8:11

Home away from home
Guess what, using the phone with cable will cause the phone to get hot, and using Bluetooth is slow. I bought a brand new 3G Modem for rm100, a friend of mine so happened to have 2. I would think Huawei is better, I'm using the white colored Vondafone Modem and it is made in Chima, so I thinking that this is a Huawei. So far mine has no problem, its up to the line really...my celcom prepaid is not too bad...

Posted on: 2009/10/6 17:14

Just can't stay away
yeterday, around 8 p.m, i bought a huawei E156G usb broadband modem from PC Image at Parkson.
The salesgirl said that it is open sim since i want the USB modem only and there is no celcom logo on it.
I bought it for RM199 and i went home to try it in a very exciting mood.
The thing is that it can't accept my Digi simcard at all. There's a pop up saying that "Error 619" and so i switch it using my friend's digi simcard andyet, it still didn't work.
Hence I used my celcom simcard and gues what? It works ONLY to celcom.
I mean WTF I'm spending RM200 if i can't use the simcard that i want! Dah lah thatsalesgirl said that it can take up on any sim!
Do I need to go to the main PC Image at saberkas?

Posted on: 2009/10/8 4:16

Just can't stay away
update:

error 619 according to LowYat forum is the problem caused by service provider.
i tried my friend's maxis simcard and it's works.
meaning by it is being cause by my DiGi network whom it has problem to connect it to the internet.
i even try to use the simcard to online using opera mini in the phone but it didn't work out.
so, i already called digi and the customer service said that they would fix it in 2 hours.
just hope so.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 10:55

Home away from home
All the best rahman...I heard Digi has a new internet plan...unlimited for rm5 a day. you could try to enquire about that...

Posted on: 2009/10/8 22:42

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.