KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Fuk Teck Kong Temple; Beliong
Home away from home
From Terra
[Where is this temple? Apart from the usual 'Lord White Hair good; gives us money' part, the report talks about a beautiful temple in Beliong with a 'Heavenly Pagoda' costing RM3 million.]

[b]Temple proof of state govt’s support: Wong[b/]
By Ting Tieng Hee

KUCHING: Fuk Teck Kung Temple in Beliong received a shot in the arm on Saturday when the state government approved an acre piece of land and RM50,000 grant for its expansion plans. Environment and Public Health Minister Dato Sri Wong Soon Koh, who announced the good news at the temple’s 30th anniversary dinner at Padungan Community Centre on Saturday, said this showed that the state government supported religious freedom and the building of places of worship.

“Two weeks ago, the temple’s building committee came to see me concerning the temple’s expansion plans. I then met Chief Minister Pehin Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud who did not hesitate to approve the one-acre plot next to the temple for its expansion,” he said.

Wong said the grant included RM40,000 from Taib and RM10,000 from himself.

He was pleased to note that the temple had grown from a humble beginning of an attap-covered hut to a magnificent place of worship and tourist attraction.

“This is the result of the hard work and cooperation between the temple’s committee and building committee as well as the support of the devotees, public and private sectors over the years,” he said.

Wong stressed that religions should be incorporated into the people’s way of life so that they can develop both spiritually and physically.

“Malaysia is a multi-racial, multi-religious and multi-cultural country. It practises religious freedom and through religion, a society of high moral and values can be created,” he said.

Honorary advisors to the temple Senator Datuk Sim Kheng Hui and Datuk Alfred Yap, and Kuching City South Council Mayor James Chan were among the 4,000 people at the dinner.

The event was also to celebrate the recent completion of a RM3 million Heavenly Pagoda which is the latest addition to the temple.

In a related development, the Heavenly Pagoda building was opened by Wong at Beliong yesterday morning.

He was optimistic that the temple had the potential of becoming another tourist destination in Sarawak.

“Many tourists would be curious to learn how a temple can exist and develop into a magnificent landmark in a non-Chinese area,” he said.

Also present were Asajaya assemblyman Abdul Karim Rahman Hamzah and the Consul General of the Consulate of the People’s Republic of China to Kuching, Xie Fugen.

http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=60151

Posted on: 2009/10/20 10:12

Re: Fuk Teck Kong Temple; Beliong
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
friend said its about 50km or 60km from Kuching.

this temple is another example for the ignorant cow murderers and religion insulter over in the west m.

Attach file:

jpg  1.jpg (61.06 KB)
1963_4add2379c3a8c.jpg 604X403 px

jpg  2.jpg (50.07 KB)
1963_4add238a0081b.jpg 432X604 px

Posted on: 2009/10/20 10:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Terra
Going which direction? The MP for Asajaya attended, so is it around there? Nice pictures, Webbie; now I really am curious to see this place.

Posted on: 2009/10/20 11:40

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
where is the exact location? looks very oriental :)

Posted on: 2009/10/20 12:06

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Photo taken by my friend Lam. I don't know the exact location either. will ask my friend for reference.

Posted on: 2009/10/20 12:14

Home away from home
It's kinda far, you have to pass UiTM, Meranek, until Kampung Tambirat, where the new school is being built. at the small roundabout turn left and you will see a sign which will lead you right to the steps of the temple.

Posted on: 2009/10/20 13:12

Quite a regular
From Kuching
where about is Beliong?

Posted on: 2009/11/4 9:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.