KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

searching for martial arts enthusiast
Quite a regular
Hello, Kuching people which are interested to martial arts! I am personally very interested in Chinese martial arts especially the traditional one. Well I am not keen for the stage performance wushu. Currently I am doing research in Chinese martial arts in the discipline of grappling(joint locking technique). Well, I have bought the books and downloaded videos on Chinese joint locking technique. So I am looking for a training partner to learn the techniques. Yes, I know that the best way is to find a qualify instructor. However due to the nature of my job. I am don't have free time during weekdays night. As we all know that joint locking is very effective for self defense. Chinese joint locking is also known as Chin Na.Anybody curious or interested please give me a call Adrian:016-8983729! Below is how the training of Chinese joint locking look like. Haha..! I am just looking someone interested to train with me. Don't worry techniques will be perform in a slow and control manner. Because safety is the most important!

Posted on: 2010/3/16 16:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: searching for martial arts enthusiast
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
that looks interesting. I hope you find a training partner

Posted on: 2010/3/16 17:07

Quite a regular
Please help me introduce some friends. If you do know anyone. Thanks! This style can adapt into any martial art style. Can adapt into (taekwondo, karate, aikido, judo etc). Are you willing to be my training partner?

Posted on: 2010/3/16 17:11

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
I might if it was 10 years ago. my joints bearing abit rust nowadays.

former taekwondo student and recently a taichi student. all drop already. lol.

Posted on: 2010/3/16 17:35

Quite a regular
how old are you? Actually I have videos on taichi self defense technique. It is call Taichi Chin Na. It is instructional videos that covers on grappling aspect in Tai chi. The man in the video is call dr yang jwing ming. Actually I have the book on how to strengthen the joints and ligaments. Come maybe we can meet up. Just to make friends and share our passion in martial arts.

Posted on: 2010/3/16 17:52

Home away from home
Hi... I am karate-do martial arts.. well, only 1 years already not go to training.. so, what martial art are you?

Posted on: 2010/3/16 18:24

Home away from home
Just curious, where in Kuching can I find a place to learn Aikido, Judo, Hapkido, Wushu or even Karate? I usually come across Taekwondo training center but never the other martial arts...can we like come op with a directory or something?

I know at Studio.23 there is this guy Albert who teaches Brazilian Ju-Jitsu...maybe you can go and take a look....

Posted on: 2010/3/16 20:44

Quite a regular
Last time I learnt karate. I did enjoy training in karate, but I stop to go to the dojo because it is too sport oriented. My goal is too learn self defense, but they are too emphasis on sport sparring aspects. Besides, that time the main instructor always not around when training. The seniors also very lazy to teach me. I got fed up and quit. For the kicking techniques, I have complete instructional video on kicking techniques.

Posted on: 2010/3/16 22:27

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
kealchg, for aikido, there is one at jalan mendu there. above guardian pharmacy.

Posted on: 2010/3/16 22:31

Quite a regular
There are major flaws in karate. Especially the punching of karate is too rigid and stiff. For punching better learn boxing. Well now I am learning xing yi quan. Reason because it is internal martial arts. Good for health and it is the very applicable for self defense. For the time being, I only learn the san ti shi and pi quan. Why I don't go and learn other martial arts in kuching? Due to the fact most of them are too sport oriented.

Posted on: 2010/3/16 22:33

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.