Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 2 (3) 4 »


Re: What say you? Poor girl got burned alive inside her car
Home away from home
Joined:
2007/7/13 10:26
Posts: 448
Offline
There are 2 issues from:

http://ohtidak.com/oh-bhp-yang-lebih- ... api-dari-nyawa/#more-3518

1. Was the attendant wrong not lending the fire extinguisher ?

Fact 1: The station was 500 meters away from the accident.

Fact 2: It was 3.20 am in the morning, most crimes happens around this hour.

Fact 3: The guy was kicking and screaming angrily.

Looking at the above facts, it seems like the attendants may not be aware of the accidents 500 meters (half a kilometres) away from them and thought that the guy was trying to run a criminal act and thus refuse to comply.

There was a similar case study in Pontianak, Indonesia, a few months ago:

A young girl (around 18 years old) runs naked and screaming in an upper class housing complex. Then she noticed a couple arriving (or maybe leaving - I forgot) at their house. She dashed towards them screaming and knocking at their windshield, asking to be let inside the car (house?). The couple refused to open. Less than a minute later a couple of guys arrived at the scene and took the girl away.

A few days later, the girl appeared in the headlines of local papers... dead.

Police investigate the crime and discover that the girl was murdered by a drug syndicate secretly running in the housing complex.

The couple was shocked and told the police and newspapers that they were very afraid when the girl dashed towards them naked and thought the girl was absent minded or was part of a syndicate trying to rob them.

2. Standard Operational Procedure for placing a Fire Extinguisher.

How come a multi-national petrol station such as BP doesn't have a readily available fire extinguisher near the pump or within reach locations around the pump? Isn't there supposed to be an SOP for placing such an equipment?

Posted on: 2010/6/12 10:10
_________________
Here and There
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: What say you? Poor girl got burned alive inside her car
Home away from home
Joined:
2009/3/19 23:17
Posts: 164
Offline
If fire extinguisher is so expensive, why don't they just put buckets of sand near every pumps? Don't tell me people also want to steal plastic buckets.

Posted on: 2010/6/13 4:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: What say you? Poor girl got burned alive inside her car
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2007/7/28 18:02
From MaYaO ciTy
Posts: 79
Offline
yeah i think that's the guy who had to go through all that.Quote:

quiroz wrote:
This is what i found about the same incident from www.ohtidak.com

http://ohtidak.com/oh-bhp-yang-lebih- ... api-dari-nyawa/#more-3518

Posted on: 2010/6/14 11:50
_________________
~Amy's Home Bake

♥Cupcakes♥ Birthdaycakes♥ Birthday Cupcakes♥Festive cakes♥

http://givewithlove.blogspot.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: What say you? Poor girl got burned alive inside her car
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2007/7/28 18:02
From MaYaO ciTy
Posts: 79
Offline
Quote:

Downsouth wrote:
There are 2 issues from:

http://ohtidak.com/oh-bhp-yang-lebih- ... api-dari-nyawa/#more-3518

1. Was the attendant wrong not lending the fire extinguisher ?

Fact 1: The station was 500 meters away from the accident.

Fact 2: It was 3.20 am in the morning, most crimes happens around this hour.

Fact 3: The guy was kicking and screaming angrily.

Looking at the above facts, it seems like the attendants may not be aware of the accidents 500 meters (half a kilometres) away from them and thought that the guy was trying to run a criminal act and thus refuse to comply.

There was a similar case study in Pontianak, Indonesia, a few months ago:

A young girl (around 18 years old) runs naked and screaming in an upper class housing complex. Then she noticed a couple arriving (or maybe leaving - I forgot) at their house. She dashed towards them screaming and knocking at their windshield, asking to be let inside the car (house?). The couple refused to open. Less than a minute later a couple of guys arrived at the scene and took the girl away.

A few days later, the girl appeared in the headlines of local papers... dead.

Police investigate the crime and discover that the girl was murdered by a drug syndicate secretly running in the housing complex.

The couple was shocked and told the police and newspapers that they were very afraid when the girl dashed towards them naked and thought the girl was absent minded or was part of a syndicate trying to rob them.

2. Standard Operational Procedure for placing a Fire Extinguisher.

How come a multi-national petrol station such as BP doesn't have a readily available fire extinguisher near the pump or within reach locations around the pump? Isn't there supposed to be an SOP for placing such an equipment?


it was stated less than 500metres away. i guess we all learn something out of this

Posted on: 2010/6/14 11:53
_________________
~Amy's Home Bake

♥Cupcakes♥ Birthdaycakes♥ Birthday Cupcakes♥Festive cakes♥

http://givewithlove.blogspot.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: What say you? Poor girl got burned alive inside her car
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2007/7/28 18:02
From MaYaO ciTy
Posts: 79
Offline
Quote:

stormpike wrote:
If fire extinguisher is so expensive, why don't they just put buckets of sand near every pumps? Don't tell me people also want to steal plastic buckets.


not a bad idea.

Posted on: 2010/6/14 11:56
_________________
~Amy's Home Bake

♥Cupcakes♥ Birthdaycakes♥ Birthday Cupcakes♥Festive cakes♥

http://givewithlove.blogspot.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: What say you? Poor girl got burned alive inside her car
Home away from home
Joined:
2009/3/19 23:17
Posts: 164
Offline
That poor petrol kiosk attendant will live all her life in regrets. Maybe suffering from nightmares night after night knowing that she could have done something and she chose not to.

Posted on: 2010/6/14 18:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: What say you? Poor girl got burned alive inside her car
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2007/7/28 18:02
From MaYaO ciTy
Posts: 79
Offline
Quote:

stormpike wrote:
That poor petrol kiosk attendant will live all her life in regrets. Maybe suffering from nightmares night after night knowing that she could have done something and she chose not to.


yeah. May Florina's soul rest in peace.

Posted on: 2010/6/15 14:23
_________________
~Amy's Home Bake

♥Cupcakes♥ Birthdaycakes♥ Birthday Cupcakes♥Festive cakes♥

http://givewithlove.blogspot.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: What say you? Poor girl got burned alive inside her car
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/8/10 22:42
From kuciang
Posts: 1717
Offline
the fella who try to get the extinguisher may experience or go through a "tough" time - the echoes of the victim screaming...* sigh...* yes,no matter what ,i hope we all just be ,younno...do our best in time of any emergency.

Posted on: 2010/6/15 19:28
_________________
And when things get difficult , Draco's star shown more brightly for all of us who knew where to look.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: What say you? Poor girl got burned alive inside her car
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2007/7/28 18:02
From MaYaO ciTy
Posts: 79
Offline
Quote:

ahfeiko wrote:
the fella who try to get the extinguisher may experience or go through a "tough" time - the echoes of the victim screaming...* sigh...* yes,no matter what ,i hope we all just be ,younno...do our best in time of any emergency.


yeah. may he be strong in his daily lives.

Posted on: 2010/6/16 10:25
_________________
~Amy's Home Bake

♥Cupcakes♥ Birthdaycakes♥ Birthday Cupcakes♥Festive cakes♥

http://givewithlove.blogspot.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: What say you? Poor girl got burned alive inside her car
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/11/23 18:22
From miri
Posts: 763
Offline
Quote:

**is it petrol kiosks' policy to use fire extinguisher only when the kiosk is on fire? it happened to me once when i was driving my then 'sot sot de tiara' in subang. while driving, i saw smoke came out from behind my steering wheel. i was at that time heading towards Sunway and there's a BP petrol kiosk on my left. i left the car and ran to the BP counter telling i need help with my car and there's smoke coming out from behind the steering wheel. i asked if he could use the fire extinguisher? i was so afraid the car was going to blow up or something like that. and the guy said no. you go call the fire department. i was like WTF?! my car internally was covered in smoke and he said go call yourself.


If it were to happen again, just park right next to the filling station and jump out and claim that you can't go back in to move it. See what they'll do then. By then I think those coming in to refill will also hurry away.

In all seriousness, this is a country where trust toward each other is at an all time low, and one where a certain automotive brand has a tendency to burst into flames at the slightest impact. This makes a deadly concoction if you ask me. In Miri, there was a case where a certain car went over a divider and burst into flames, burning the rear passenger. But OK, enough criticism on that certain subject.

This is a truly sad case indeed. An innocent woman getting burned alive in her car. However, why wasn't the focus more on the Vios driver, who they claim was racing/speeding before it hit her and caused her to collide with the truck? The driver caused it, and he's probably gonna pay.

OK, so it has happened - not much we can do to prevent it, but to rescue the girl from the burning wreckage, the automatic reaction of that guy was to get to the nearest station to borrow a fire extinguisher. Kudos to him for reacting, but sadly, as he found out it wasn't so simple. I thought petrol stations had fire extinguishers on the OUTSIDE. Why did they keep it inside? What if the INSIDE caught fire? Dumb!

Another matter is even if it was mandated we all have those little bottles of extinguishers in our cars, whether that fire extinguisher would be (1) enough to put out the fire, (2)and not make things worse by choking/suffocating the victim.

Personally, I think the no.1 issue here is the racing / speeding Vios driver. The focus should be there. No.2 will station extinguisher locations and accessibility, and No.3 is that we should all have a extinguisher in our cars.

I used to have one but it turns out when it comes time for me to dispose of it after about 2 years, I tried using it and it turned out it didn't work at all! What a waste it would've been if I were in the same situation and the extinguishers didn't give any effect because they were close to expiry!



Posted on: 2010/6/19 10:25
_________________
MiriResortCity.com | MiriBiz.com | MacUser.my
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 2 (3) 4 »



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]


Sponsored
[code][/code] test