tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Fly Fishing..FF..
Quite a regular
From anywhere but home
hello fellow forumers..im new in this "sub-species" of fishing..may i know where is the best place for FF?be it lake,river or beach..
i've been practising casting the line behind my home and i think its about time for my line to hit the water..
thanks..

Posted on: 2010/6/12 5:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fly Fishing..FF..
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
don't think fly fishing can be done in a beach. the current will sweep it as soon as you toss it.

you will need to find a calm river / lake for that i guess.

Posted on: 2010/6/12 10:25

Home away from home
From Kuching/Shah Alam (for a while)
u might want to try FF at the kubah national park, all the way up to the hill... there was one time where my father's friend caught a green arowana... and that spot is pretty decent for FFers.. huhu...

that's all that i knew...

Posted on: 2010/6/12 11:30

Home away from home
From Kuching/ Putrajaya
wow...ur father must be lucky enough sherif...

Posted on: 2010/6/12 20:35

Home away from home
From kuciang
you have to find a deep stream,moderate to fast water.the stream need not be too wide and usually to be able to get something,try locating those spots where theres a lot of big broken old trunks or branches becoz these are the place where the fish hides. you should know what lure to use - good are those poppers which makes an insect-like movement just under the surface of the water when you tarik balik your casted line. i don't have much experiences but i did FF a few times in Mulu and a few times in Bintulu upper kampung stream(many years back... )

Posted on: 2010/6/12 20:52

Quite a regular
From anywhere but home
thanks guys for the infos..juz now went to fish at pasir salak new bridge..tryin to fly those baby todak but they only follow my flies but no bite at all..mayB im using the wrong fly coz i use dry flies..haha..
next time im gonna tie flies similar to shrimp's shape..mayB clouser or deciever fly will work..

Posted on: 2010/6/13 1:17

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

skitchin wrote:
thanks guys for the infos..juz now went to fish at pasir salak new bridge..tryin to fly those baby todak but they only follow my flies but no bite at all..mayB im using the wrong fly coz i use dry flies..haha..
next time im gonna tie flies similar to shrimp's shape..mayB clouser or deciever fly will work..
btw,where's exactly the Pasir Salak new bridge?( i'm starting to "scratch"... - itchy ). may be we can try locating some spot next week ? can PM me your contact if you feel like it.

Posted on: 2010/6/13 8:18

Quite a regular
From anywhere but home
ahfeiko,the palce is near pasir pandak..the road to the bridge is juz been covered with tar recently..on ur way to pasir pandak after u enter its junction from the main road,look to ur left..if u see a new road,enter and drive straight till u see a newly built bridge..yesterday me n my fren fish from under the bridge coz air surut..

Posted on: 2010/6/13 11:20

Home away from home
From kuciang
hi skitchin ..! what fish you got under the bridge? last time i saw some angler brought up quite a big sting ray,"ikan pari" at the old ferry point(Lundu bridge)

Posted on: 2010/6/15 19:23

Home away from home
From Punti Hakka Ngin
My relative told me there are big big fish at the Jalan Kerita Api river just under the bridge.

Posted on: 2010/6/15 22:29

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]