tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Fly Fishing..FF..
Quite a regular
From anywhere but home
in pasir salak we managed to hooked a few baby todak which is quite a fighter too coz always leap to the surface,two ikan sumpit & a jenjulung(needelfish,quite similiar to todak but only the lower jaw a bit longer from the upper jaw)..

Jln Kereta Api?i know there's a lot of fish there coz i often see unidentified fishes and maybe patin play at the surface eventho the river(look like a big longkang to me) really dirty n black in color..last sunday i saw 2 anglers try their luck there too..i dont think the fishes there are safe to consume but however,catch & release is the best thing to do..

Posted on: 2010/6/16 2:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Punti Hakka Ngin
Have you ever go out on a boat and go out into the South China Sea and catch blue fin tuna? or maybe Shark or swordfish?

Now thats what I call real fishing.

Posted on: 2010/6/16 6:20

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

skitchin wrote:
in pasir salak we managed to hooked a few baby todak which is quite a fighter too coz always leap to the surface,two ikan sumpit & a jenjulung(needelfish,quite similiar to todak but only the lower jaw a bit longer from the upper jaw)..

Jln Kereta Api?i know there's a lot of fish there coz i often see unidentified fishes and maybe patin play at the surface eventho the river(look like a big longkang to me) really dirty n black in color..last sunday i saw 2 anglers try their luck there too..i dont think the fishes there are safe to consume but however,catch & release is the best thing to do..
that ikan sumpit(Archer fish i think) actually a very beautiful fish to keep in an aquarium.you're very right,the patin or chow hu are from the sg maong river which is quite dirty,but often anglers managed to get quite big fish.i'll consume the fish if i hook it from river mouth(more assurance..

Posted on: 2010/6/16 9:48

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

chong67 wrote:
Have you ever go out on a boat and go out into the South China Sea and catch blue fin tuna? or maybe Shark or swordfish?

Now thats what I call real fishing.
in fact ,many loves to do sea fishing but due to sea-sickness or mabuk laut,so have to content with bridge/under bridge or jetty fishing which to me is also - Really real Fishing . i went out to sea twice and that's the last - mabuk sampai peng even if i fight with a small fish at the jetty,my heart also go * dap duk,dap duk...*

Posted on: 2010/6/16 9:59

Home away from home
From Punti Hakka Ngin
Sometime I have to wonder myself how I can fish and I wonder what they had eaten. I guess same with any animals, not just fish. So I try not to think so much.

Those fish under the bridge on Kerita Api is what I call the 'lay who' fish. Anyone know what the english name is?

Posted on: 2010/6/16 10:28

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

chong67 wrote:
Sometime I have to wonder myself how I can fish and I wonder what they had eaten. I guess same with any animals, not just fish. So I try not to think so much.

Those fish under the bridge on Kerita Api is what I call the 'lay who' fish. Anyone know what the english name is?
the " lay hu" is ikan toman or snake head.those found in lake Kenyir are those "got class one" - big and nice colored(dam hell fighter too)

Posted on: 2010/6/16 11:27

Home away from home
From Punti Hakka Ngin
Snake heard? First time I heard of this name. Where is Lake Kenyir?

You know fish like this are bottom feeders?

Posted on: 2010/6/16 12:28

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

chong67 wrote:
Snake heard? First time I heard of this name. Where is Lake Kenyir?

You know fish like this are bottom feeders?
in Terengganu
.younno the 'or pek' hu ( dark on top,bottom whitish) or Plaise fish , usually you see them sold at BBQ fsh stall are also bottom feeders.

Posted on: 2010/6/16 12:45

Home away from home
From Punti Hakka Ngin
Yah, bottom feeders fish are not good as they eat alot of bad things.

Can you think of a fish that will only live in clean water? You will never even find it it in dirty murky water.

Posted on: 2010/6/16 22:01

Quite a regular
From anywhere but home
chong67,as far as i concern blue fin tuna and swordfishdoesn't exist in south china sea..their habitat is cold or low temperature water such as in the pacific ocean & mayB in indian ocean..

wonder when i can find myself a lil bit of time to fish in one of the ponds in unimas(not in the huge lake ok..hehe)...cant wait to fly those tarpons or ikan bulan,lampams or the tilapias..

for me,the terms 'real fishing' can be describe as to land any fish with the lightest tackle action such as landed 5kg toman using 10-15lbs line with light action rod and then happily set the fish free to its habitat..i fish for sport or for the thrill of it,not to cari makan..heheh...

Posted on: 2010/6/17 2:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.