tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Kuching / Sarawak Tourism Industry
Home away from home
From Kuching/Shah Alam (for a while)
just curious, do you think to stay overnight at damai puri is worth it...? i never been there, but im looking forward and in planning to stay there... but im afraid since there are a lot negative comments regarding that place from my frens and from the net itself...

Posted on: 2010/9/26 20:20

Not too shy to talk
Permai Rainforest Resort is actually called Camp Permai by many Kuching folks. Sherif, if you want to stay at damai puri aka damai lagoon, you ought to have some friends staying with you. to keep you company you know.

Posted on: 2010/9/26 21:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
I think I would like to invest in this industry one day if I have enough cash. There's still much to explore in our beloved Sarawak, specifically on tourism excursions. You see, there are so many wonderful hidden paradise that not much people (locals / foreigner) knew of, probably due to locality and ferocity crowds.

Say.. nature reservoir, we can come up with an eco-friendly jungle stay (if that's what adventurer wants and what the west. M might have ever thought of), on trees? How bout that?

or

Samatan, we can develop this place with beach activities like para-sailing, banana boat rides, jet ski so and so. But I understand that it's a breeding haven for the turtles there too, so let's make something different out of it.

Man, those turquoise sea is breathtaking, personally, never been there but was amazed with it's intrinsical beauty. We have our very own corals :D

Following are image of Samatan :-

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2010/9/27 0:39

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
The sceneries have definitely changed significantly, and they're awesome from your pics, bytez.

We never see any sort of visual promotion of Sarawak out here, other than by word of mouth. Canadians, especially the guai lous, would love to snow-bird at your hot sunny resorts if they know enough about them. Plus, the currency exchange rate should be an attractive proposition.

I know the tourism office at the Malaysian Consulate here provide brochures but that's about all they do. Media promotion is generalized to just Malayasia, but never any write-up on Sarawak.

Sarawak's resorts will never attain the international recognition like those of Phuket, Ko Samui, etc, because of the total absence of media advertising. There was, however, a TV documentary broadcast here recently on Malaysia with a very very short section on Sarawak, showing hawker food vending at Satok, I think. Like you said, bytez, there is so much more that needs to be publicized, especially abroad.

TM is too engrossed with his dams to even bother with this topic!!

BTW bytez .... the last pic, are those cages of some sort?

Posted on: 2010/9/27 3:18

Edited by kgb1 on 2010/9/27 3:58:16

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
its turtles hatchery enclosure i think.

Posted on: 2010/9/27 5:48

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
@kgb1 & webbie : yes bro, that's turtle hatching enclosures. well it was not me who took the pix, credit to my brother :P

Posted on: 2010/9/27 12:37

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Kuching/ Putrajaya
pls remember, this area is under sarawak forestry and wwf for turtle sanctuary. if we develop it for tourist to enjoy para glading, sailin, jet skiing, hotel and etc...what left for turtle. u stil can go there and enjoy urself but wit limited number in order nt to scared the turtle. pity turtle....

Posted on: 2010/9/27 16:51

Home away from home
From Terra
As a diver, I've rather not have too many people crowd in on a dive site. The ecosystem in western Sarawak is unique in itself. Considering a large majority of Sarawak's coastline is swamp, marsh or floodplains with little in terms of safe area for aquatic to truly prosper thanks to silt deposits, I'd say we keep the status quo as it is. Or else, where will the turtles go if we humans keep crowding them out?

Right now, the current arrangement for the Talang-Satang Marine Park is fine. Marine sanctuary first, tourist attraction second. Yes, it would be nice to bring in people, but it should be at a sustainable rate. Talang-Satang is open year-round, but thanks to visits being kept in check. The islands and dive sites around Tioman and Perhentian actually have to be closed once in a while to make sure the ecosystem has enough time to recover, and these are fairly major dive sites.

Besides, true luxury resorts tend to attract the high rollers who come few yet spend easy, but are also among the most secretive I have ever known. Selective clientèle, careful management to ensure the resort is as beautiful and pristine to justify the astronomical prices and a suitable distance for privacy.

Posted on: 2010/9/27 18:02

Home away from home
From Kuching
I somehow agree with Mocha. Sarawak is biodiversity state with rich flora and fauna and more species to be discovered. You bet all the documentary channels like NatGeo, Discover Channel come forward to Sarawak for documentary shootings, plus also famous bio university opt Sarawak for research and studies, of course after gaining approval from Sarawak Forestry.

Tourism of course would make the state more famous but tourism leads crowd which leads to chaos and also pollution. Only with proper management and safety, security being given by the locals.

Terrorism is insane now, they just simply target any place with higher density of western people. Do not take for granted though you live in a Muslim state. Bali was a good example! I think if some incident like Bali happened in Malaysia, (TOUCH WOOD!!!!), I think Malaysia will declare national emergency!

Posted on: 2010/9/27 18:52

Quite a regular
Irrawaddy Dolphin Watching:
Damai is one of the best places in Sarawak to see the rare Irrawaddy dolphin, which inhabits rivers, estuaries and shallow coastal areas. The Santubong, Salak and Buntal river estuaries are good dolphin watching areas. The Irrawaddy is a relatively shy dolphin - it's usually hard to see so a good guide-cum-spotter is essential.

Attach file:

jpg  ms_pg03dolphins.jpg (15.27 KB)
3213_4ca07fee10eba.jpg 350X236 px

Posted on: 2010/9/27 19:29

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.