teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Ministry drafting strategy to promote Sarawak
Home away from home
From Kuching
Ministry drafting strategy to promote Sarawak

by Nigel Edgar
September 25, 2010, Saturday

KUCHING: The Tourism Ministry is coming up with a strategy to promote Sarawak with the blessing of the Prime Minister, deputy minister Datuk Dr James Dawos Mamit revealed.
AT YOUR SERVICE: Dawos addressing reporters after the dialogue session.

AT YOUR SERVICE: Dawos addressing reporters after the dialogue session.

“I am drafting a strategy specifically for Sarawak and how to promote it. The Prime Minister (Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak) himself told me he wanted to make tourism the number one industry in Sarawak.

“Therefore tourism players must be active and work together as the prime minister had given his blessings,” said Dawos after a dialogue session with tourism players here yesterday.

On complaints that the state’s tourism industry was lagging due to lack of promotion, he pointed out that the ministry had set up many facilities like websites and fairs to promote tourism related products and packages.

Hence, such complaints should not arise at all, he stressed. Dawos was adamant industry players should make more efforts on their part, citing the ‘embarrassing’ brochures provided by some tour agencies.

“I showed earlier a few brochures made by local tour agencies – many were mediocre and did not have good information. Some are very embarrassing,” he told reporters, again urging industry players to utilise facilities available.

“Make use of the Internet. Make a website or link your site with each other. Come up with quality and extensive brochures or booklets to promote your products and packages. Consult the ministry, Sarawak Tourism Board, Sarawak Tourism Federation or Tourism Malaysia,” advised Dawos.

The deputy minister pointed out that tourists are increasingly using the Internet to select their destinations and make bookings.

“It is very effective and easy because tourists can make reservations online. But whatever websites you come up with, make sure it’s linked to the airlines and hotels, so that it is more convenient for the tourists,” he added.

Source @ The Borneo Post

Posted on: 2010/9/27 15:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]