Main Menu
New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Which investment would you choose ? shophouse in MJC, 999 terrace in Tabuan Jaya, or Saville suite?
Just popping in
Shophouse in prime location MJC sold at 500K, yields rental 2600/month (but I don't think the place has great potential in years to come - rental might be good but not the appreciation value.) Other similar shophouses on different block (opposite it) only sold for 300k.
999 Terrace house in Jalan Song, 310 K but probably only worths 850/month in rent.
Saville suite, an apartment, has a unit selling for 280K, fully furnished with tenant 1200/month (never has much faith in value appreciation for condo/apartment in Kuching). Value of these properties seem to rise for first 3-4 years, then stay for a while before plunging down due to run-down look, not well maintained.

anybody has any say ? anyone with great foresight, fortune-teller? please comment. : )

Posted on: 2010/10/8 23:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Which investment would you choose ? shophouse in MJC, 999 terrace in Tabuan Jaya, or Saville suite?
Quite a regular
R u single?

i believe there're a lot more options than the one u've mentioned my friend.

Posted on: 2010/10/9 18:41

Re: Which investment would you choose ? shophouse in MJC, 999 terrace in Tabuan Jaya, or Saville suite?
Home away from home
Are you sure the rental of RM500k shoplot only yield RM 2600 per month? That is quite pathetic return. I would be looking for at least 8%-10% yield on ground floor.

I know the rental yield for residential property in Kuching is not too attractive. So for me, Terrace house in Tabuan is probably not on my list of investment.

I think apartment market is quite small. But if you are lucky and manage to rent to the professionals, like air stewardess, pilots, etc.. who rarely stay there but just want a comfortable place to stay for the night every now and then, you count yourself really lucky because you can charge very high for one of those apartment. Like I say.. market is quite small but very lucrative.

I think if you really want to invest in property, be a builder instead of a landlord. In my opinion, all forms of property investment have been sterilised after they have been transacted the first time.

Posted on: 2010/10/11 4:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]