Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users





Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry
Home away from home
Joined:
2007/7/13 10:26
Posts: 448
Offline
Which is better...

Toyota Camry vs. Honda Accord

Have your say...

Alternatives of the same class (and price range) welcome

Posted on: 2010/12/18 11:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/11/23 18:22
From miri
Posts: 763
Offline
Both equally good. Accord more engaging to drive though, but slightly less feature than Camry. Comes down to what type of a driver you are. I've driven both.

Considered the new Hyundai Sonata? Just as good as both, more features, but slightly lesser quality and still questionable (but increasingly good) reliability.

Not getting a hybrid? If you can brush off the stigma associated with them, they are surprisingly good and saves you a bundle on petrol. No tax for hybrid cars too (1.8L below), only 10% sales tax apply.

Posted on: 2010/12/18 16:50
_________________
MiriResortCity.com | MiriBiz.com | MacUser.my
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry
Home away from home
Joined:
2005/12/30 12:58
From Kuchingite
Posts: 3875
Offline
Accord - design looks more modern compare to Camry.

Posted on: 2010/12/18 16:58
_________________
2012, where will we be the day after tomorrow? Ans: Still here la. www.resuree.blogspot.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry
Home away from home
Joined:
2007/7/13 10:26
Posts: 448
Offline
Quote:

ian wrote:
Both equally good. Accord more engaging to drive though, but slightly less feature than Camry. Comes down to what type of a driver you are. I've driven both.


How do you mean by less feature?

Quote:

Considered the new Hyundai Sonata? Just as good as both, more features, but slightly lesser quality and still questionable (but increasingly good) reliability.


Hyundai Sonata does look nice, but as you say, lesser quality = higher depreciation and less resell value.

Quote:

Not getting a hybrid? If you can brush off the stigma associated with them, they are surprisingly good and saves you a bundle on petrol. No tax for hybrid cars too (1.8L below), only 10% sales tax apply.


I didn't know Hybrid are available in Kuching.

Actually, it is my dad who is looking for a new car. He has been a Honda Guy for 30 years, and I have convinced him that Toyota Camry is a much better car. But I kept thinking I may have oversold him on the Camry.

Posted on: 2010/12/20 17:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/11/23 18:22
From miri
Posts: 763
Offline
Quote:

Downsouth wrote:
How do you mean by less feature?


I believe the Camry had self levelling headlights that also turn with the steering. I haven't seen the newer Accords, just the ones after they were introduced, the newer ones, not sure. The Accord had a 3.5 V6 though. I think that was dropped.

Quote:

Hyundai Sonata does look nice, but as you say, lesser quality = higher depreciation and less resell value.


Well, I always say, unless you're buying the car to sell it, the car's depreciation is the last thing you would look at anyway if you plan to keep using the car for long. Reliability is an issue though, but most modern cars are reliable, the Korean ones are certainly better than that one from South East Asia. *Cough*

Quote:

I didn't know Hybrid are available in Kuching.

Actually, it is my dad who is looking for a new car. He has been a Honda Guy for 30 years, and I have convinced him that Toyota Camry is a much better car. But I kept thinking I may have oversold him on the Camry.


Hybrids are sold in Malaysia. A few Lexus models and the Honda Insight and Toyota Prius, tax exempt for 2011 (below 1.8L), only 10% sales tax apply.

Depends on what you define as 'better'. A Camry is perfect for my dad. It's quieter than the Accord and isolating from the outside world and has a cloud 9 ride for those that think driving is a chore. The perfect 'uncle's choice' car if you hadn't noticed it already (just take a look at mostly who drives those). The Accord is still not my first choice, but given the two I'd would choose the Accord.

Posted on: 2010/12/23 10:11
_________________
MiriResortCity.com | MiriBiz.com | MacUser.my
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry
Home away from home
Joined:
2005/12/30 12:58
From Kuchingite
Posts: 3875
Offline
How about rate of of GTA? which car more prone to theft?

Posted on: 2010/12/24 19:51
_________________
2012, where will we be the day after tomorrow? Ans: Still here la. www.resuree.blogspot.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/11/23 18:22
From miri
Posts: 763
Offline
The general insurance company my wife works at blacklists some cars because they were stolen far too often, they will not insure these cars.

They are:

- Hilux
- Ipsum
- Land Cruiser Prado

I think there were a few more but I can't remember what.

The Camry, Accord & Sonata isn't on the list (yet).

But then again, theft / hijacks are usually opportunistic, and considering we even have an old 1990s Proton Saga stolen from us once, I don't think it is a model-specific issue.

Posted on: 2010/12/27 9:18
_________________
MiriResortCity.com | MiriBiz.com | MacUser.my
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer






You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]