KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Air asia is slowly killing MAS
Home away from home
on a recent MAS-Air Asia swap, it is obvious that AK is trying to kill MAS slowly. not really slowly actually but aggresively. recent development:

1. kota kinabalu will NOT be eastern hub anymore.

2. routes from BKI terminated 1/2/2012 - seoul, haneda. soon will be perth. wonder what will happen to their extra B738 based in BKI, the crews and all. plus extra B738 from firefly taken over by MAS.

3. flights "killed" from KUL - johannesburg (taken by air asia X), cape town (also given to air asia X), bounes aires. this makes SQ and EY smile ear to ear.

4. another casualty - dubai direct services (and onwards to Dammam). dubai seems to be a good market for MAS, despite competition from emirates. but emirates goingt o deploy it's A380 t0 KUL, so for sure ppl will go for emirates. and mas will be left out. only flight to dubai will transit in karachi.

5. new routes - abu dhabi?????? erkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk air asia x flown there before, shut down not come to 3 months!

mas seems to be in worst shape after the share swap huh. thanks la tony!

Posted on: 2011/11/11 11:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Air asia is slowly killing MAS
Home away from home
From Kuching
MAS's day is numbered.

Posted on: 2011/11/11 16:26

Home away from home
From Punti Hakka Ngin
Susah lah! I actually like MAS because the fare is subsidized by our beloved Malaysia government.

I actually like the Malaysia government because gula is subsidized by them too! No wonder many uncle and aunty got fat stroke. Dont jagar yourself and you will get it too. I still eat alot of soh bee.

I actually like the Malaysia government because petrol is subsidized by them too!

You know what Kuching nang ??? We need to have more competition in wireless telekom and internet provider! Prices are still very high for wireless phone.

Posted on: 2011/11/12 7:18

Home away from home
From Kuching
They have already reinstated the flights to Middle East/South Africa/Argentina =>

http://airlineroute.net/2011/11/11/mh-11nov11update/

But KK hub is gone =>

http://airlineroute.net/2011/11/11/mh-bki-feb12/

Posted on: 2011/11/12 21:53

Home away from home
they just opened the resevration system, but the termination is confirmed. so after feb, bye bye to south africa, south america and others. and air asia X will say "HI" with a fake smile .siap la the fare will be super expensive! - eh no, looks cheap but wait till u finish up the reservations!!

Posted on: 2011/11/14 7:50

Just popping in
From Kuching
Yes true azaz412, airasia fares advertised damned cheap, when it come to the last part of yr reservation, then you know the true color. Don't surprise, in future to use toilet during flight cost you 20 cent!

When they offer cheap fares, its only good for those who dont have schooling kids, why ... because school break is always black-out date. Apa la lu Tony......

Posted on: 2011/11/17 10:59

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
i hope it will be cheaper if I don't use the toilet.
lol

Posted on: 2011/11/17 11:01

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
I'm wondering if you guys experience this:

I'm a frequent flyer - I fly at least once a month. And for the past few months I've been noticing that Airasia flights tend to be alot more turbulent than other airlines. I also feel that the pilots fly the planes at a faster speed compared to other airlines (i've been told that airlines must also abid to a speed limit, like cars).

At first I thought its just the weather lately so naturally flights will be more turbulent.

But recently I flew MAS and also Jetstar, and I find their flights smoother compared to Airasia. One thing I noticed is that they fly slower, and also the pilot does manouvers to avoid big and grey clouds.

Whereas Airasia pilots usually go head-first into the clouds! There was one time I seriously thought the plane was going to crash when the Airasia plane I was on suddenly plummeted without warning when it flew into a big dark cloud! I kept wondering why the hell didn't the pilot fly around it?

Ever since than I don't really feel safe flying Airasia anymore. I used to fly Airasia ALL the time. But now I am paying more to sit MAS. Because I am afraid that it is just a matter of time before an Airasia pilot screws up. And I don't want to be on that plane when it happens!

Posted on: 2011/11/17 11:10

Just can't stay away
Tequila, it doesnt happen to AirAsia only. It happens when you take MasWing also

Posted on: 2011/11/18 0:33

Home away from home
tequila & radiohead. i think i can explain this.

air asia policy is - to fly as much planes as much as they can, and fly as maximum as they can. air pocket also hentam as long as still can fly. that is why they skidded at KCH airport when they attempted to land during BAD BAD BAD wheater, while MAS plane already diverted to sibu that time (this cost RM). and another thing, there are few incidence of hard landings with air asia at klia but this was not well known.

mas policy - comfort. avoid turbulence area, be on time but safety FIRST. that is why u can see mas flights got delayed at times of bad wheater but air asia still fly.

regardig maswings, they tend to be exposed to turbulence more because of they fly at a lower range compared to boeing aircrafts. and also they cannot fly higher because of the distance is near, say bintulu - sibu sector.

Posted on: 2011/11/18 21:14

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.