tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Too Too much traffic Light
Just popping in
From Tabuan Jaya, Kuching
Yoh...Kuching is very rich with the traffic light...Along the road, kejap aja ada traffic light...

Posted on: 2004/10/12 20:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Too Too much traffic Light
Webmaster
From Kuching
Kuching small town mah..
wat to do..

if they build highway..
then beratus-ratus kilometres also no traffic light 1...

built highway from sekama to MJC also can..
lols..

As mention and counted by Vince b4..
Green road got 10 traffic lights in a short straight distance..
Cool huh?

Posted on: 2004/10/12 20:30

According to one of the journalist from local chinese newspaper, she ever wrote something like :

"Along the road from Jalan Green to Batu Lintang, there is one traffic light every 150 / 170 m. "

Something sound like this lar, dun quite remember liaw.

Posted on: 2004/10/13 8:09

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Like Vince said last time, from Green rd. to Ang Cheng Ho have 11 traffic lights.

I think there's no point of having flyover when at the end u'll ended up in traffic light. Still will cause jam. Not easing it at all when ppl from flyover come down and ppl from under the flyover ended up at the same traffic light, any point??? NOOOOO!!!

Posted on: 2004/10/13 12:41

Home away from home
From Kuching
I think traffic lights are the best way to control the traffic at Green Road area as that area is quite populated and developed a long time ago. It lacked early town planning.

To reduce the waiting time, the authorities should apply the "yi lu tong" concept. It means once you get pass a green light, the next traffic light will be green once you reach there. Then you can reduce the time to stop your cars at the traffic lights. No matter you like them or not, traffic lights are for the safety of road users, you will have to wait when it's red light.

To build a flyover or interchange, you will need a lot of funds and a large area of land. So it will only be considered when the number of traffic is very high.

Anyway, I thought Kuching is famous for the big and luxurious roundabouts. That was what my traffic lecturer told me.

Posted on: 2004/10/13 14:33

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Ttaffic light is good, escpecially when kch ppl, many don't know how to use roundabouts, this can reduce accident. Many accident occurred at roundabouts. LOL... since my house is facing a roundabout hahaha... Now, many roundabout are converted into traffic lights(including the one on front of my house).

But traffic light right after coming down from flyover is a very stupid thing. Flyover is aim to reduce congestion but it created more jam in rush hours. Basically the traffic light design is not good escpecially right after coming down from flyover and meet the traffic lights there. Further away of it might be ok but noticed that Kch ones, really close to the end of flyover.

Posted on: 2004/10/13 14:48

Just can't stay away
traffic light or poor traffic flow for flyover is not the main cause for increasing traffic jam/accident in kuching...

ITS THE DRIVER!!!

i've been driving in K.L for 5 years, and 3 years in Britain, but still, Kuching driving is the funniest and challengin... why i say so??? Sad to say, majority of Kuching take things TOO easy.... for example:-

1.people drive unacceptably slow on the right lane-even the left lane are faster ambik angin ka???

2.last minute change lane and block the fast driver on right lane, although the middle and left lane are empty...

3.no courtesy when being given way out from a junction, at least waive ur hand la...

4.parks newhere they feel comfortable which causes massive jam to other traffic just becos they want to save a few dollars from paying parking fees. check out Star cineplex evry wednesday nite, u'll know what i mean...

5.takes at least 5 secs to figure out whether green light means "GO"....

6.suddenly drive faster when they realise someone is trying to overtake them

7.not aware of their surrounding,not knowing there's a car behind trying to pass him although hi lites being flashed at them for hundreds of time

well, if u cant beat them, JOIN them....therefore, i sometime deliberately do the same thing to those people whenever they did it to me. Surprisingly, when it happen to them, they get angry...nahhh...there you go..eat ur own medicine..... :bad:

Posted on: 2005/1/17 14:41

Home away from home
most of the driver treat kuching as a left lane as overtaking lane. really fedup with those abeng/student. driving with single hand on top of the steering with seat slide back 120 degree Or Aunty2 who drives 30km/h carefully on d right lane with firm grib on steering 10 past 10. And another kind which i snap a photo of him, drive in d middle of 2 lanes.

Traffic light
Green = go slow
Orange= ready to cheong
Red = Fuii pedal to metal, like drag car

Signal light
takut the bulb sakit
racing!! need to save up current for more power.
modified it to lights on on nite just to show friends

Posted on: 2005/1/17 15:16

Home away from home
From Kuching
Hahah... some of your humour is really funny. Me and my bf take a different look to it:

1. Ah Beng always drives with one hand on the steering wheel and another hanging out of the window. Why? Because his door is going to fall out any moment.

2. Some people don't signal because signal light is too expensive.

3. The worst kind of driver is (I'm sorry ladies) GIRLS AND AUNTIES!!! I'm a girl myself and I don't understand why some females don't learn how to drive properly. My bf suggests I should open a driving school for females.

4. It's funny how some people adjust their seat far far back, and some people drive hunched over the steering wheel and NEVER look at the three EXTREMELY useful mirrors.

Yeah I've been to KL before and observed the way KL people drive. While they are extremely aggressive on the road, they are quite organized. Like when on a highway, when you're approaching a slower car ahead of you, when you flash your light the driver will move to the left.

Sad to say, Kuching drivers are just plain selfish.

Posted on: 2005/1/17 22:45

Home away from home
From Kuching
I think Kuching drivers are still not that bad la....
many drive slower because life is not as hectic as in other places....just as many Sarawakian talk/speak at slower pace, u notice that? Maybe they think Kuching not that big, drive so fast for what? And there is no rules/regulations saying how slow is considered slow on the right lane? I think should have rules like this lah.

If you say parking anywhere they like, I think Johor people lagi hebat lah. 2 lanes can become half a lane only. Plus many restaurants/kopitiam put tables/chairs at the road side, so less parking space available. And motorcyclists like to park their motorcycles at cars' parking space.

Virce says KL drivers will move to the left when other people flash lights at the back. Maybe they scare that samseng behind them ler? U know lah, KL and JB these kind of places have so many samseng one.

One more thing, girls/female usually don't operate/control machines/devices as good as guys. Can't blame them.

Posted on: 2005/1/18 1:32

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]