« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 »

Re: Kuching in the 80's as I remembered
Home away from home
The rubbish trucks used to have KMC printed on them

Posted on: 2009/7/19 7:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
bicycles used to have license with MDLBK plate number. Majlis Daerah Luar Bandar KUching

Posted on: 2009/7/19 11:33

Just popping in
I've searched the net for pictures labelled as "Old Kuching" and I found this:

Open in new window

I don't know much about what's in the picture, but it looks like a scene from Riverside/Gambier Street etc, well obviously this is way before our time, at least for most of us!

Besides, I also found a photo of the old airport (pre-renovation ala KLIA).

Open in new window

Credits go to the owners of these photos.

Posted on: 2009/7/19 13:37

Home away from home
looking at the old airport, kind of missed it. how i wish they could have retained the old design but making it more modern looking and bigger, plus air conditioning system.

the old airport is very much more interesting looking - with many airlines and destinations. still remember flight to manila with many many girls with short skirts - and i can't help to wonder what are these ppl doing here? hahaha....

Posted on: 2009/7/20 13:49

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Ah I still remember matang ang mor kio? that time I was so young and enjoyed sandwiches with family and relatives. Those tits of memories suddenly came into my mind.... Still remember there's a miniature waterfall or something.... of course with a red bridge.. hehe

Posted on: 2009/7/20 17:30

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Just can't stay away
Some of you my find disgusting, I remembered in my early childhood, we ware using primitive compost toilet and my grand parent's house has mud flooring and timber stick enclosure. I rekon the reason they need to smoke is to get ride mosquitoes and flies. By the way we were leaving in the contryside :)

Posted on: 2009/7/20 18:54

Just can't stay away
From MaYaO ciTy
in the 80's ...down memory lane.. i remember the waterfront still a shore.. i always follow my dad buy the coconuts there while i play around there with my little sis.

i still remember aurora hotel, now the merdeka palace. it used to be a very antique building around the corner. Not forgetting kuching was very rich for its roundabouts, every end of the road, you'll sure to pass by roundabouts. big / small. now they've turned roundabouts into junctions with traffic lights.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 8:39

♥Cupcakes♥ Birthdaycakes♥ Birthday Cupcakes♥Festive cakes♥

http://givewithlove.blogspot.com

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

U-value wrote:
Some of you my find disgusting, I remembered in my early childhood, we ware using primitive compost toilet and my grand parent's house has mud flooring and timber stick enclosure. I rekon the reason they need to smoke is to get ride mosquitoes and flies. By the way we were leaving in the contryside :)
i remembered i went to my relative's house(actually a small hut) where the floor is made of mud.the jamban is just a make-shift pondok at the back of the house with a small stream underneath.i recalled clearly till today,i went their to ease myself & encounter a few ikan toman( ley hu) swimming around below the stream... so they said,only ikan belukan interested,ikan toman also ley.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 11:13

Just can't stay away
Exactly Ahfeiko :), My grand parent's place has open sky shower beside the pond with canvas screen enclosure, while you are taking bath, there are creatures like tortoise, lezards, birds, tupai .etc watching you.... what an experience!

FYI, the places that I mentioned are not too far from Kuching nowsday, they are relatively at Jln Stephen Yong and Batu Kawa

Posted on: 2009/7/21 18:14

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

U-value wrote:
Exactly Ahfeiko :), My grand parent's place has open sky shower beside the pond with canvas screen enclosure, while you are taking bath, there are creatures like tortoise, lezards, birds, tupai .etc watching you.... what an experience!

FYI, the places that I mentioned are not too far from Kuching nowsday, they are relatively at Jln Stephen Yong and Batu Kawa
my relative's house was at Pending(no more now).hey,taking shower with the birds or tupai as audience ok,what if theres a peeping tom up the tree . i think today,in kampungs2 or "sua theng" the people still shower in open air.sometimes when you live in urban for too long,going to a friend or relative's house located in some suburb area is refreshing.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 10:01

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]