Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 14 »

Re: Kuching in the 80's as I remembered
The slim slim apek always show up in padungan area lor...

I know ang dao cheng luk got, now they shift to song kheng hai food court, the stall name is "hamik seng" liaw, not quite remember.

And the belacan beehoon oso shift to "Padungan Belacan Beehoon" stall in song kheng hai, but still, the taste is different, the environment is different.

Hav u ever try ang dao cheng luk under the "petrol" lamp? sitting on the old wooden chair, stuff served on old wooden table, what u smell is the "sotong tubuk" from the next stall, and kacang putih selling by our indian friend in front of the capital cinema.

Beside, you are accompany with lots of ppl who went for a movie in capital....... this is my valuable memories about early 80`s

Posted on: 2005/1/7 12:11

Just can't stay away
From Vancouver Canada
ahh yes i remember kacang puteh man outside the indian cinema selling those boiled peanuts wrapped in newspaper...yumyum!

i also remember walking the stores where indian shops sell curry pastes and all kinds of spices, and then some chinese stores they would have tables outside and for 15cts or 25cts (beh ki liao), u can drink this warm black chinese herb beverage covered with a flat round glass to keep it warm and keep dust and bugs out i guess. some taste really bitter, some taste sweet..i think the sweet one is chrysantemum tea.

I remember I usually look at this Ah Mmm around that area cuz her neck was bloated and big...it was probably dued to elephatosis or severe case of thyroid infection....

Oh..anyone knows or remembers the race cars Indie that was held in Kuching in the 70's?

Posted on: 2005/1/7 13:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
Quote:

Vince wrote:
The slim slim apek always show up in padungan area lor...

I know ang dao cheng luk got, now they shift to song kheng hai food court, the stall name is "hamik seng" liaw, not quite remember.

And the belacan beehoon oso shift to "Padungan Belacan Beehoon" stall in song kheng hai, but still, the taste is different, the environment is different.

Hav u ever try ang dao cheng luk under the "petrol" lamp? sitting on the old wooden chair, stuff served on old wooden table, what u smell is the "sotong tubuk" from the next stall, and kacang putih selling by our indian friend in front of the capital cinema.

Beside, you are accompany with lots of ppl who went for a movie in capital....... this is my valuable memories about early 80`s

oii yakah.. i didn't know about that.. coz d taste really different from wat we had last time.

Fuiyo i remember the "sotong tumbok" was blady nice ehek ehek.. the whole cinema was covered with mixture perfume sugarbun,koropok,sotong tumbok, nasi tapaw, nasi lemak, sarsi kacang putih, kacang tanah, etc. but i never smell durian inside lah..

ha ha if you sees those ppl came out of the room with white lips or black lips. komfom they ate kuachi ha ha

Yes.. i remember the isik kelapa with sugar( usually white with pink color) if you are luckly you might found purple color.. ha ha.

Posted on: 2005/1/7 14:33

Ma ku, the purple one can eat meh? Ngaitiiii... so kia lang...

According to what hsung decribe about the indian stall selling curry powder, there is also a barber shop in between the curry house, i always wonder how can the barber shop survive in between them leh.

Posted on: 2005/1/7 14:38

Home away from home
ha ha.. purple different mah.. btw where is the indian shoP? i get lost someway ha ha

Posted on: 2005/1/7 15:24

the indian shop is just opposite fish market and chicken market lar, quite near to the teksi main station there.

Posted on: 2005/1/7 15:28

Home away from home
ohh gambier street.. ha i'm back on track again.. you don't khua soi that barber shop. their business is better the RIGI 2 i tell you.. No joke man.. if you are free, drop a visit there... don't prey prey ah the also have Air-con(FOC) ha ha... coz they are feddup with the rempah smell already

Posted on: 2005/1/7 15:35

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Remember last time when i'm in kidergarten, i lived in pending height and there's an ah pek, indian selling saty on bicycle, he'll shout "satay, satay" and rang the bell. I always bought satay from him. I couldn't even remember there was this satay ah pek, ahaha.. suddenly it came to me today.

Posted on: 2005/1/7 21:57

Home away from home
NGAIII..TIII. you really ate d SATAY kah??? My goodness.. i bet you don't want to know wats the story behind d satay. *Burrp

Posted on: 2005/1/10 11:33

Webmaster
From Kuching
oh no !
let me guess.. the satay man was a murderer and all the satay was made out of human flesh? ~_~ wahahahhaa. ok whats the story behind it?

Posted on: 2005/1/10 11:53

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 14 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.