Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

What Do You Think about Malaysian Designed and Malaysian Manufactured Cars ..
Home away from home
From Kuching Sarawak
Basically, i want to know your opinions abt Malaysian cars, namely PROTON and PERODUA.

For ppl like me (and many others), buying a NEW and GOOD QUALITY car within our means of budget is very hard.

As much as I would love to own a BMW, i cannot afford a more than 100K car. The options here are very little. So, more often .. it means we settle for a locally made car.

The price comparatively is cheaper than imports of course. No expensive taxes and duty ma ...

The quality comparatively is lousier than imports definitely. The material is questionable.

Most often, if you had noticed properly ... accidents involving Proton and Perodua car ..... the car remek like hell ... imagine being caught in such a car in an accident... terrible

This is my personal opinion. But i am sure many would agree. Pls contribute your personal opinion on this matter. TQ

Posted on: 2005/1/25 11:55

Interesting Kuching Blog : KIREISAN
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: What Do You Think about Malaysian Designed and Malaysian Manufactured Cars ..
Webmaster
From Kuching
Hmmmm... my opinion on local cars..
i think they are very problematic lor. There isn't ONE GOOD CONDITION local car in the market.

They are all not manufactured perfectly and place it in the market. All like cincai cincai make and just put it on sale in dealer's shop.

But out local cars are export to other countries. From what i heard, those cars are in much better condition than what we got here. In another words, we are all getting FOS- Factory Outlet Store (rejected items) or FOS can also be stand for "Full of Shit".

Maybe this is just their tactic in business marketing. Purposely make faults and defects in cars so that you would continually go and make upgrades from the proton/perodua outlets.

i just wonder, why can't they just make the cars a little more perfect before putting it in the market for us locals?

Posted on: 2005/1/25 12:07

Re: What Do You Think about Malaysian Designed and Malaysian Manufactured Cars ..
Home away from home
From Kuching
Spice g1, you say you cannot afford anything more than 100k? You can get a LOT of different options with 100k! Or maybe you mean 10k. 100k is 100,000. 10k is 10,000. If it's 100k, you're a lot better off than some people...

Let's see... for anything under 100k, for starters, you can get Toyota Vios, Honda City... those pop into mind. I'm sure there are lots more import cars under 100k

Posted on: 2005/1/26 12:55

Home away from home
From Kuching Sarawak
No la Virce.

What i mean to say is that my dream car is a BMW but i cannot afford to buy one cos it costs more than 100K ma. But even if it costs less than 100K also i cannot afford .. hehhee

But if my dream BMW costs less than 100K for a new one (dream on ...) then i will rajin rajin and try to get one lor ...

And btw, i know 100K = 100,000 ..

Guan,

yeah lar . i also heard that the Proton and Perodua for export is different quality, meaning better quality. Maklumlah ... for foreign use ma. For us, they give us the shitty quality. Gov is damn suku. :bad:

Posted on: 2005/1/26 16:51

Interesting Kuching Blog : KIREISAN

Home away from home
From Sunny Hill Garden
local car really such!! like aluminium can, u press it already kemek!!!

believe me, i saw lot of proton ram into car like nadia, toyota corolla, and got one proton ram my old toyota at the back, and all off them, the hoot and front fender kemek!!

so, if there are better quality car out there, why not op for better quality car rather than sitty car!!

come on!! if you can't afford the car now, just save the money 1st!!! don't not be patient!! unless you only want to own a car just temporaraly then change.

OK! back to the topic! i don't think that you want to paid a car for 100K one go!! sure the income tax department will chase for you!! just paid up part of it, the rest you can arrange with bank. or if don't have problem with income tax, just go ahead. for those that can't afford 100K car, there are lot of 2nd hand car out there that are better than local made car. just shop around and test the car.

my dream car. toyota Levin AE111 :) looking for recond ofcoz :)

Posted on: 2005/1/26 18:17

Webmaster
From Kuching
Our local cars. mMMm.. again . after you buy it , the ppl in perotua or poton WILL GIVE YOU A GUARANTEE !

Guarantee for wat? Guarantee that your car sure masuk workshop lagik. To avoid customer from complaining, they tell u first service is free of charge.

Anyway i saw this car the other day, its aSmart Fortwo Cabrio
I wang this Merz car..
>_< so cute. wang to hug it.
but i need RM80,000 to hug it. >_<~

Attach file:

jpg  DSC00559.jpg (66.91 KB)
1_41f84c7c4bb15.jpg 600X450 px

Posted on: 2005/1/27 10:05

Just can't stay away
ok...to me local car are quite good enuf, considering it is still new to the automotive industries... im sure all of you know that it is not fair if u compare malaysian cars to those japanese cars.. its like comparing a full grown tiger with a small kitten.... anyway, do rest assured thta malaysian automotive industries are looking into a safer car for all of us. 2005 will bring in airbags as standard in all local made cars...

and if u ever wonder why local cars are easily kemek when they hav a front collision, its becos they are being purposedly design that way....in fact, all car is.... front end are meant to be softer than the rear end...it is to absorb the impact so that the passanger wont suffer much. nowadays, top name car company are designing an even softer front hood to reduce the impact if they happen to hit a pedestrian... the strongest part in any car is at the corner of the rear end... so if u want to hit a car, make sure u dont hit this part...heheh...otherwise, even a beemer will suffer....

btw, if i were to have a 100K to buy a brand new car, i'll grab a Black Vios...but if i were to choose a 2nd hand continental car, i'll go for a beemer 320series(early 90's) and drop in an RB20DETT engine from Nissan Skyline GT-R and still have enuf money to get a Microtech ECU, ball bearing HKS turbine, Volk 18" wheels, OMP bucket seat, spray it with 3K color, in-dash DVD player and monitor and all the DEFI meters there is available......and a weekend holiday in Bali......

Posted on: 2005/1/27 15:58

Webmaster
From Kuching
I really really really wonder whyyyyyyy........
Malaysia cars are mix technology from Japanese and European.

Always say the engine daihatsu lor.. then the burid is from wat lor. then this from here and there. But why . the local assemble always end up macam taik?

A Waja, if you ask all the waja buyers out there. 9/10 will say the brake light always burn out. If not, the back left door got problem, tak boleh bukak. Then the automatic window rosak.

Last time, the Poton Wira, after using for quite a while, then u start hearing sounds from underneath. kik kok kik kok kik kok while driving.. as if some tupai building a house underneath the car.

Perotua Kancil, i dunwan talk about it. , Kenari.. MmMm...the lampu burn out also, Other than that, i haven experience much problem with it.

Posted on: 2005/1/27 16:07

Just can't stay away
ya lor.. evrythin has to start somewhere... a few hiccup along the way is normal what... like i said.... proton less than 30 years of experience...perodua 10years... so, from al the complaints we make, they will improve in the future... and if we dont support them, who else will??
more local buy local products, better economy, am i right??
but if we simply cannot tolerate and bare with our own products, whats stopping us from buying imported products??? its our choice, our money... so dont suppport local products lor, simple.... no need to sakit hati complain this n that...

however, i always wonder why do most people still buy local products when they know the quality is poor... in the end, even if they know what they were getting themselves into, they still make complaint...so why buy in the first place???

Posted on: 2005/1/27 16:27

Webmaster
From Kuching
These cars thingy is diff. I mean like all the local car problems are tiny but irritating. Like what i mention just now, brake lights, door handle, lock, bla bla.

Isn't that just a tiny winy thing that can be put into action and fix? If 1/10 cars are like that, then i have nothing to against. but 9/10 cars are manufactured like that. Then its not funny anymore.

This is not what i called improvement. This is just a manufacturing error or mistake. I dunno such mistake kept on happening.

30 years is already good enough to manufacture good cars. Further more, we got european and japanese help on the cars. That could add like another 40 years of experience once the Japanese technician are in.

The goverment made us to support them eventhough we are not. Road Tax~ yea Road tax~.

Other local products like Air-cons, motorbikes, computers? bla bla. those are good and thats what i called quality.

Buying malaysian car is like picking durian from the gudang. All looks good from the outside.

I want to say about support. I Support them by improving the technology of the car. More advance cars. Theft proof, security system, gprs, enforced sidedoors.

The small small problem they can't fix, what more to say advanced tech cars? This is their problem, they know whats wrong but no action were taken.

Posted on: 2005/1/27 16:50

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.