tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Lord of the Bands
Webmaster
From Kuching
so how was this event? Anyone went?

i pass by SUPP building and saw numerous of rockers band hanging outside of it.

Posted on: 2005/4/10 15:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching
hi autreyu! sori, sala orang... i thought u're one of my choir member. anyway, did u watch the band? too bad i din go. me and a bunch of frens supposed to be able to get free tix but dunno y that person that said wanna give us free tix din call us.. cheh..we were also like...nvm la..the rest din mention about it anymore oso.

Posted on: 2005/4/11 10:12

Rock Event a Nuisance to Neighbourhood
Webmaster
From Kuching
Lololol i am very happy when i read this and i duno why. lolol.
got this from the newspaper column, Public Hotline.

A resident of Park Lane, Lo claimed that the Lord of the Bands 2005 which was held continously for 2 nights from April 9 at the Sarawak United People's Party (SUPP) headquaters had caused much nuisance to the neighbourhood.

"I do not mind the SUPP headquaters having political conference, seminars or talks but this kind of entertainment programme is making too much noise. Noise nuisance is not only the matter, what about traffic congestion. Drivers who simply park their vehicles anywhere had caused heavy traffic problem to the area," he told the Public Hotline yesterdsay.

He felt that the SUPP headquater should not rent out its premises for such activity since it was a residential area.

"I have to voice up now other wise i don not know what kind of performances or rock bands are coming in the future, which are not tolerable but residents have to put up with," he said.

Lo, who is a lawyer added that he tried to address the problem to the SUPP youch chief Alan Sim, from the same fraternity but failed to contact him because he was on travelling.

A spokesperson for Kuching City North Commission (DBKU) conceded that the cou cil could not do anything about it but advised residents there to contact either the organizer(EVENSTARR)or the SUPP headquaters.

"DBKU cannot do anything because it has already approved the event and the permit has been issued; we cannot stop them now. Besides the Lord of the Bands is having its final again nexty month at the SAME VENUE," she said. The public Hotline also contacted the SUPP headquaters but was told that the head of its building management commitee was on sick leave.

Residents concerned could address the issue to either the
SUPP headquaters Philip Chang at 082-246999 or 082-337344 or the organiser Hock star entertainment Industry Berhad 082-233077

Posted on: 2005/4/12 12:50

Re: Rock Event a Nuisance to Neighbourhood
Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
HAhaahh... yea...i read it too... so funny lar. It's not the right palce to hold that event.

Posted on: 2005/4/12 21:33

Home away from home
From Kuching lah
hahahaha, too bad lah mr. lo. but tru oso lah, that area memang semi-residential leh, cos only got few houses around. so too bad again mr. lo. kakaka. huh?? din know got finals again, hahahahaha. lets c wat mr. lo say the nex time. :bad:

Posted on: 2005/4/13 20:20

Webmaster
From Kuching
This is the place where the competition is held. lolol

Attach file:

jpg  supp.jpg (35.30 KB)
1_425d68e442210.jpg 614X433 px

Posted on: 2005/4/14 2:45

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Quote:

autreyu wrote:
Cool. Which ones are your friends?

Days of Wrath. I didn't manage to go though...I could only go on Saturday from around 3 to 8 like that. Cannot go on Sunday. So I thought it wasn't worth it to pay RM 15 just to see few hours.

Posted on: 2005/4/17 18:56

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
hi guys ..... first and foremost, thanks to all who came to LOTB in the whole state .....

need to address this issue regarding the complaint .....

firstly, evenstarr aren't the organisers ..... hock star entertainment is the organiser and i happen to work for them on this project .....

secondly, i spoke to mr lo about the issue and he said it's not his intention to cancel the event ..... but he go complain to borneo post and NST ..... i dun get it .... he sounded like a nice guy on the phone and reasonably too but he made no effort incontacting me or my office ..... now he blow the whole thing up then send me a letter saying he doesn't intend for us to cancel the grand final ....

but it's too late .... the venue owners all so affected by the media's printouts that they cancelled our booking eventhough we already have the permits from KPSU, CMO, and DBKU .... really one kind la some people .....

anyway, i would like to apologies to anyone who could catch some shut eye on 9-10 April between 1pm to 9pm due to the noise ..... i hope no discriminates rock or music of the sort cos if put ochestra, brass band or er-hu concert at the same decibels, ears will bleed as well .....

as for doing the show at the stadium, maybe but i guarantee the audience will not hear the sounds in quality ....

wokay .... said my piece for now ..... any ideas to make the LOTB more happening next year are most welcome ..... remember, the more we share the better ..... constructive words prefered but hey, to make things great, one may have to be able to learn from pessimistic words too ....

regards to all ......

Posted on: 2005/4/25 15:39

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Me thinks Mr. Lo was complaining in the newspapers because he's got nothing to do and he gets a kick from seeing his complaint appear in the newspaper...

Posted on: 2005/4/28 18:26

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]