tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Music Industry
Just popping in
From kch/aus
holler to all kuchingite...
i've stumbled upon tis website while searching articles abt the music industry/scene in kch/swak for my research. it's sad to say that there arn't many articles out there, or none at all.

what do u guys think about the music industry/scene in kch/swak (is there even one)? n r there any ways to improve it/how? why isit so happening in kl but not in swak? im sure there r demands, just that nth seems to b happening in kch...

btw, does anyone know any proper recording studio/production studio in kch?

would love some feedback please...thx. -daria-

Posted on: 2005/4/9 18:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Music Industry
Not too shy to talk
I wrote an article related to the Lord of the Bands event which came out in one of the english dailies today where some of the contesting band members spoke a bit about our local music scene. of course, there were a whole lot of other info that I couldn't squeeze into that article due to limited space for that page.

private message me if you want to talk more.

Quote:

daria wrote:
holler to all kuchingite...
i've stumbled upon tis website while searching articles abt the music industry/scene in kch/swak for my research. it's sad to say that there arn't many articles out there, or none at all.

what do u guys think about the music industry/scene in kch/swak (is there even one)? n r there any ways to improve it/how? why isit so happening in kl but not in swak? im sure there r demands, just that nth seems to b happening in kch...

btw, does anyone know any proper recording studio/production studio in kch?

would love some feedback please...thx. -daria-

Posted on: 2005/4/9 20:36

Webmaster
From Kuching
ah interesting topic.

for me, i survived in KL for around 2 years already.
from what i see so far. KL has demand for these sort of stuff.

They got Hardrock cafe or Planet Hollywood. those bands are able to perform there and make money. local bands, infamous bands, no record deal bands.

The music industry in Kuching is slowly growing i think. Publicity seems to getting more and more. Music schools are expanding. The music industry in kuching is getting more popular but still slow.

recording studio in Kuching? Hmm.. i think there is 1 or 2. But i think its not up to standard. Cuz i know some bands went to KL just for the recording.

Posted on: 2005/4/9 21:38

From next door
shal sagan leh? there's a link or short article abt here in this site right..
there are some pretty good local bands.. their names escaped me now but i think webmaster might remember..

Posted on: 2005/4/9 22:45

Webmaster
From Kuching
lols
Nice Stupid Playground, Shal Sagan, thats all i remember.
the rest? MmMm.. more to underground bands.

Different from KL, KL got lots and lots and lots of band that produce own songs and albums. 8D. music industry is good there. They get better demands and publicity

Posted on: 2005/4/9 23:00

From next door
i might be speaking crap lol but one reason why i dont really like local bands is that they try too hard to be like other bands.. nth unique abt them and that puts me off. listen to one local band, u've listened to them all. nice stupid playground is an exception

also.. maybe they arent popular because the music they produce only target a small community. e.g malay rock and just malay rock

Posted on: 2005/4/9 23:20

Just popping in
From kch/aus
yea thx a lot. i've been to most of the local/underground bands websites which exist. but nothing is said much abt the industry itself in general, just mostly updating abt gigs and info bout the band.

albino, that's because there aren't proper recording studio/facilities ard in swak. correct me if im wrong. i know/heard about bands that search for places to record and most of them with sufficient budget will go to kl. what happen to those who can't afford...they lose out. there are certainly demands.

another thing i always wonder about is why there are no big live concerts happening in kch. ok maybe there r a few like Rainforest Music Festival. just see the amount of people flocking to that event every year, without a miss...even the recent Lord of the bands event, there's heaps of people going...no? why do they have so many live concerts in KL but not Kch...such as recent Prodigy, Simple Plan that were in KL. i'm sure if they ever go to Kch, there'll be heaps of ppl wanting to see them...

hmm, and yeah, there are wannabes who try too hard out there but for sure some have good talents. just not making it far due to ...well tell me the reasons...

Posted on: 2005/4/10 5:09

Webmaster
From Kuching
I would say there are a number of music event this year.

David Tao promo tour (over)

Lord of the Bands is the most recent one.
is a band competition for the all the whole of Sarawak.
i heard more than 90 bands signed up in Kuching.
(running now)

Rainforest Music Festival
Coming up soon in July

There are gigs and underground performance going on but its only exposed to those among the band and music people. the band member punya friends punya friends. Just those particular ring of people.

Why do i know this, beacuse I got a friend who is in a band and she told me alot alot alot i didn't know about.

One more thing is that, i think there is no good place to hold such events. they have been using SUPP hall for hosting live bands or others. =.="

Posted on: 2005/4/10 8:51

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com

Posted on: 2005/4/10 16:02

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
hmmm ... my simple two cents worth .... there are a lot of talents looking for opportunities in the wrong places and many are of the mindset that something from abroad is always better ..... for listeners and supporters, lend an ear to local stuff, you never know, you may find some who are really talented and can go far with enough support and care .... as for local talents, we gotta brush up and keep improving so local listeners dun look at us one kind and call our stuff rubbish ......

recording facilities, we've got real good stuff down here .... if budget is low, one can:
A) fly air asia to KL
B) fly the sound engineer from KL over to kuching. that way save money instead of flying whole band over.
C) learn to use the PC. there are many great softwares out there for us to exploit.
D) don't record high quality recordings unless the product is already of high quality. recording is really expensive.

suggestion? ask mr webmaster to organise a forum in town whereby we can all sit down and share our thoughts ... peace out

Posted on: 2005/4/28 13:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]