teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 87 88 89 (90) 91 92 93 ... 214 »

Re: Kuching International Airport
Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

mike86 wrote:

It seems KCH - MFM route is doing well. I checked AK online schedule, the route will be based on daily by 25th of October.

I checked. where got daily. Triple flights per week. :D

Posted on: 2008/3/4 1:04

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

bytez wrote:
Quote:

mike86 wrote:

It seems KCH - MFM route is doing well. I checked AK online schedule, the route will be based on daily by 25th of October.

I checked. where got daily. Triple flights per week. :D

You've to check it by schedule under flight info.

Posted on: 2008/3/4 7:59

Home away from home
From sarawak
my frenz with his company trip went to macau last week and they said the flight was 70% full..roughly almost 100 passengers..good news indeed.

Posted on: 2008/3/4 8:23

Home away from home
From Kuching
This flight should be operated by Airbus 320 for comfortability of the passengers. It is a shame that Kuching's Hub has yet to have its own new Airbus here. I hope AK can resume the daily flight between Kuching - Penang route. KK has already had their daily flight for this route.

Posted on: 2008/3/4 8:43

Home away from home
Quote:

bytez wrote:

No wonder... Thanks for acknowledging. Indeed I found it expensive for foreigner to visit Indonesia as well. My last trip from SIN - CGK was around S$250 and from CGK (Jakarta) - BDJ (Banjarmasin) was around S$150.

The route from SIN - CGK was short and why on earth did they charge that much? But I heard you can get cheaper fare rates at the airport, is that true? The Indon airport tax is ridiculous... One more, how bout traveling overseas via SIN, would that be cheaper? I mean an arduous way of traveling to waive the tax? hahah!

The funny thing about SIN-CGK is price vary by a wide range, I have experienced buying tickets for S$90, S$110, S$120, S$150, but not up to S$250 yet. I think generally, if you go to a travel agent and tell them you want today's flight, anytime so long as its the cheapest, you can get a bargain.

But the reverse (CGK-SIN) is usually more expensive, they charge in USD. I think it was US$90 for the trip.

I don't know about CGK-BDJ, but CGK-PNK will cost you around IDR250K (S$40) during low season (most of the time) up to IDR1Mio (S$160) during peak seasons (school break, Aidil Fitri, Chinese New Year, Chinese Cing Ming, and Christmas-New Year).

I don't think you can get cheaper fare rates buying at the airport.

The only direct International Flight from PNK is to KCH. Other destinations are CGK, PKU (Pekanbaru) via BTH (Batam), BPN (Balikpapan), SUB (Surabaya) via JOG (Yogyakarta), SRG (Semarang). Thus to go to other destinations, the only way is to transit. The question is where to transit, and the answer depends on going where. If the destination is:

A. Within Indonesia, most West K (and other parts of Indonesia) tends to use Jakarta as the transit point because it is well connected to every corner of the country.

B. To Malaysia and Brunei, KCH will be the choice for obvious reason.

C. To Singapore, the verdict is split. Some people prefer to fly/drive to KCH then connect to SIN, other prefer to fly to BTH and ferry to SIN.

D. To other International destinations, some people prefer to fly to CGK and then connect overseas while other prefer SIN.

As for me, I prefer SIN then CGK for the following reason:

1. Total cost can add-up cheaper from SIN.
2. There are more airlines, with more flights.
3. I have relatives in SIN and can visit them.
4. Spending a few hours in Changi is enjoyable.

Posted on: 2008/3/4 9:34

Home away from home
Quote:

mochaholic wrote:

I also found that it's cheaper to fly Bali-Singapore/KL-Jakarta than straight from Bali to Jakarta.

Wow... that I did not know that.

Quote:

mochaholic wrote:

Do they have a homing beacon on foreigners?

No, I don't think its a matter of foreigners or not, Indonesian experienced the same, most politician/bureaucrats/people in authority in the country tends to be short-term profit oriented.

Quote:

mochaholic wrote:
I'm not really fond of flying Indonesian carriers, considering the bad track record, no offense. Makes you wonder why they charge so high, don't they? At least Kuching can now be a transit hub for Indonesians wishing to fly to KL, Singapore, Macau or Hong Kong.

Well, there is not much choice when you have to visit a place within the country do you? But the good news is they are improving the safety records. The airlines are trying to beat each other off by buying brand new airplanes.

Kuching can be a hub for West Kalimantan residences, but I don't think it can be a hub for other parts of Indonesia (yet).

Posted on: 2008/3/4 9:45

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

Downsouth wrote:
The funny thing about SIN-CGK is price vary by a wide range, I have experienced buying tickets for S$90, S$110, S$120, S$150, but not up to S$250 yet. I think generally, if you go to a travel agent and tell them you want today's flight, anytime so long as its the cheapest, you can get a bargain.

But the reverse (CGK-SIN) is usually more expensive, they charge in USD. I think it was US$90 for the trip.

I don't know about CGK-BDJ, but CGK-PNK will cost you around IDR250K (S$40) during low season (most of the time) up to IDR1Mio (S$160) during peak seasons (school break, Aidil Fitri, Chinese New Year, Chinese Cing Ming, and Christmas-New Year).

I don't think you can get cheaper fare rates buying at the airport.

The only direct International Flight from PNK is to KCH. Other destinations are CGK, PKU (Pekanbaru) via BTH (Batam), BPN (Balikpapan), SUB (Surabaya) via JOG (Yogyakarta), SRG (Semarang). Thus to go to other destinations, the only way is to transit. The question is where to transit, and the answer depends on going where. If the destination is:

A. Within Indonesia, most West K (and other parts of Indonesia) tends to use Jakarta as the transit point because it is well connected to every corner of the country.

B. To Malaysia and Brunei, KCH will be the choice for obvious reason.

C. To Singapore, the verdict is split. Some people prefer to fly/drive to KCH then connect to SIN, other prefer to fly to BTH and ferry to SIN.

D. To other International destinations, some people prefer to fly to CGK and then connect overseas while other prefer SIN.

As for me, I prefer SIN then CGK for the following reason:

1. Total cost can add-up cheaper from SIN.
2. There are more airlines, with more flights.
3. I have relatives in SIN and can visit them.
4. Spending a few hours in Changi is enjoyable.

I was so unlucky to book ValueAir for $250 vice versa. I guess the cheaper price you are refering to is family packaged or at least two travellers travelling at a time because that time I did approach some agencies and they gave me expensive rates for the ticket. I travelled alone though.

Noticed you mentioned chinese chin ming. omg. Is that necessary to hike the price of the ticket during the season? Personal opinion, Jakarta's airport really need a change / renovation.

By the way, you have tons of nice reasons there ahahaha! :) Indeed, travel out from Singapore can be very cheap and affordable but depends on which airline (say Jetstar / Tiger - other super savers are limited) and to which country. Of course Changi offer free Internet access and hub ambience with music, waterfalls and cafe, very comfy I should say.

Posted on: 2008/3/4 10:17

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Not too shy to talk
Assuming average passenger load is 100 per flight, putting in an A320 would mean a load factor of only 56%. Having said, that, Airasia is swapping out their 737s. They're taking delivery of 23 A320s this year.
Did u see Airasia's ad? they're introducing Kuching-Jakarta and Kuching Bali.

Posted on: 2008/3/4 16:48

Home away from home
From sarawak
ive post tat early

Posted on: 2008/3/4 17:09

Home away from home
Quote:

bytez wrote:

I was so unlucky to book ValueAir for $250 vice versa. I guess the cheaper price you are refering to is family packaged or at least two travellers travelling at a time because that time I did approach some agencies and they gave me expensive rates for the ticket. I travelled alone though.

No..no... I was travelling alone. I was supposed to catch Air Asia JHB to CGK, but I missed the flight (I arrived at Johor side of the border check-point less than 1 hour before the scheduled flight, the taxi driver told me there is no way I can make it on time). So I returned to Singapore, went to Chan Brothers at Fook Hai Building (Chinatown) and asked for their cheapest flight today, anytime. The lady open her catalog, looking up and down and quoted me S$110 for an evening flight, I think on Cathay Pacific (I forgot, it was more than a year ago).

Quote:

bytez wrote:

Noticed you mentioned chinese chin ming. omg. Is that necessary to hike the price of the ticket during the season? Personal opinion, Jakarta's airport really need a change / renovation.

Because the majority of West K Chinese tends to return home during this time, and flights are usually fully book.

Jakarta airport does need some upgrade, it felt more like a regional bus terminal than an international airport due to overcrowding.

Posted on: 2008/3/4 18:12

« 1 ... 87 88 89 (90) 91 92 93 ... 214 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.