New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

GARDENIA Bread and other products, anyone interested?
Just popping in
From Johor Bharu
Hi

Just to check if anyone in Kuching interested to buy Gardenia products. If so, just give comment on this thread so that I can see the possibility of getting the products over to Kuching. Thanks guys.

Posted on: 2005/9/29 1:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: GARDENIA Bread and other products, anyone interested?
Webmaster
From Kuching
its good to have variety of choices and products.
you got my vote. :D

Posted on: 2005/9/29 2:16

Home away from home
For me...i think GARDENIA Bread and other GARDENIA products might not heat up kuching very fast.. maybe because kuching got lots of bakery shop...say a small township like MJC already filled up with at least 6 bakery shop... and at least 10 grocery store, 2 supermarket selling buns and bread at budget price...

Why not Dunkin' Donuts... i'm sure this will turn the whole city upside down.... "No Donuts, No Life"

Posted on: 2005/9/29 12:40

Home away from home
From Kuching lah
yea, i'd like a dunkin donuts around. donuts are gud........i tink. any1 had krispy kremes b4??? m'sia got ah an outlet?? any1 know??

Posted on: 2005/9/29 23:57

Home away from home
aiseh...krispy kremes is famous than dunkin donuts leh.. but not very sure whether any outlet in m'sia or not..

IF ANYONE INTERESTED IN A KRISPY KREME FRANCHISE? HERE ARE THE CRITERIA FOR ALL CANDIDATES

Applicants must have current ownership and operating experience or previous ownership and operating experience of multi-unit food service operations in the market that you desire to develop.

Our franchisees must possess the capital sufficient to fund the development of the market. We currently grant franchises on an area development basis. Specifically, our area developers are required to build multiple stores (10 or more) in a market. The minimum net worth requirement is $30 million or $1,000,000 per store to be developed, whichever is greater. For instance, a 15-store market requires a minimum net worth of $30,000,000.

Area developers must have substantial familiarity with the market proposed for development and be willing to develop multiple units over a period of time. In addition, they must be willing to diligently exert full-time best efforts in performing their obligations under the area development agreement.

DO YOU MEET OUR QUALIFICATIONS? PLEASE SEND ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TO US:

1) A complete resume of any and all partners.
2) Information on the existing multi-unit food service operations that you currently own and
operate or previously owned and operated.
3) Verification of sufficient capital to warrant developing the market.
4) Evidence of meeting the minimum net worth requirement.

PLEASE SEND ALL INFORMATION ALONG WITH A LETTER OUTLINING THE MARKET YOU DESIRE TO DEVELOP TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:

Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation
Executive Vice President
Worldwide Development
370 Knollwood Street, Suite 500
Winston-Salem, NC 27103 USA

We appreciate your understanding that we are unable to respond to all letters regarding franchise information. Therefore, should development be considered in your country, and you meet the basic requirements, you will be contacted at that time for further discussion. We are only able to respond to inquiries, which strictly meet the criteria. We sincerely appreciate your interest in Krispy Kreme.
Please be advised that all inquiries must be directed to our franchise department in the Krispy Kreme corporate office in Winston-Salem, NC. We do not grant franchise rights or explore joint venture agreements without meeting potential franchisees in person. For additional information or to inquire about available markets, please call 1-800-4KRISPY.

you might need this

Posted on: 2005/9/30 9:37

Home away from home
From kuching
definitely imppossible..how long can a gardenia bread lasts? importing would cost so much and it does not worth it loh....

Posted on: 2005/9/30 14:40

Someone tried to import it once, but didn't work out.

Posted on: 2005/10/1 9:16

Just popping in
From Johor Bharu
Hi,

Based on my experience, it is not impossible to bring Gardenia bread over to Kuching. I often travel to KL and everytime I brought back up to 6 loaves of Gardenia bread and some other products such as twiggies. I kept them in my fridge until I need them, I just put it in the toaster to heat it up. It can last me for more than 1 week.

Yes, there are many bakeries in Kuching but none can match the quality and taste of Gardenia products. The nearest match used to be Sugar Bun bread but now its production has stopped. Then the Taka bread which I take if I have no other choice. The rest of the bread from Kuching bakeries are all below par, no taste, very light, very sweet and sometime can not last long. I believe Kuching people who have stayed in West Malaysia and who are daily bread eater will agree with me on this matter.

A friend of mine has contact with Gardenia factory in KL and has agreed to sent over the product fresh from the factory. It will either use Poslaju or Courier to get it over faster. It might cost just 10 0r 20 cent more than the West Malaysia market price. That is why I just need some feedback here before I proceed.

For your information, the Gardenia products sold at KLIA are mostly bought by either Sarawakian or West Malaysian staying or working in Kuching/Sarawak whenever they go back to Sarawak. You all can check this fact with these KLIA retail if you have the chance.

Nevertheless, thank you all for the feedback so far and hope to hear somemore. Cheers guys.

Posted on: 2005/10/1 11:45

Just can't stay away
no idea, some gardinia product taste really nice.

Posted on: 2005/10/1 21:59

Home away from home
From Kuching
for me, it's so so only....and expensive some more....
well, different taste for different people....:P

Posted on: 2005/10/2 0:20

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.