KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

#1 Debate : Handphones in Schools
webmaster Posted on: 2006/1/20 14:24
I read the newspaper few days ago saying Handphones are allowed in schools but with proper guide lines. Handphones can only be used in the Canteen and the hall. or maybe toilet.

But the today, i read the newspaper saying.,.Handphones are once again banned in schools. cause the guidelines are not followed.

For Kuching, I don't think handphone is needed lar. But in Semenanjung ar. I really think handphones are necessary. I take LRT and public transport all the time and notice some students travel to school on their own. Some of them are afternoon sessions. that one terrible lor. get off school at 6.30. take public transport and reach home around 7.40 like that.

It would be shxtty if you came across any problem on their way home. worst case is that, they have no mobile communication device aka handphones to call for help.

What you guys think about this?

#2 Re: Debate : Handphones in Schools
driftbaby Posted on: 2006/1/20 16:36
i don't understand!!!!!

Parent started all this n giv a list of reason why their child have to bring handphone to school NOW wat...Parent againts it? it already stated clearly you're allowed to use hp in the school but not in the class. oh they even mention "bring at your own risk" hihi

#3 Re: Debate : Handphones in Schools
edgar Posted on: 2006/1/20 23:54
I would want to allow my children(next time) to bring mobile phones to school, I dont know what is going to happen to them, they might need a help, the world is no longer as safe like it used to be 20 years ago.

I would argue trend issues, but the world had moved on, and mobile phones bring all the new elements in life to own it, it is like, you just can't live without it. Say, would you not want a car because it might be broken into? and you would like to move back to life 20-30 years back when everyone is taking bus and etc? No, the world moves on, and so is your life, most are seeing this as a necessities in life, so I wouldnt mind much.

But the proper use and regulations of carrying a mobile phones should be pointed out appropriately, one should not have ban the entire policies just because of several cases, it is just like banning the whole country from driving a car just because someone is breaking the law when using the car? is that even fair?

This is a debate topic, from the utmost understanding, and I will stand stern to my own policies about HANDPHONES IN SCHOOL. If they cannot bear the regulations and rules that are being proposed, take legal action onl against the offender, not the rest of the whole world. It just make our country's law policy maker sounds stupid and not reasonable at all.

#4 Re: Debate : Handphones in Schools
FiftyOne Posted on: 2006/1/22 7:34
hand phone definetly is a must lah... if not parents how to contact with their children? what if there is an emergency? find public phone? how far and how long u have to walk to find a public phone? is it possible for the public phones to survive the rebel of some irresponsible ppl?
the only way? hp are allowed for anyone anywhere no matter its in sch or where as long as the user doesnt interupt anyone in the class or a meeting.

#5 Re: Debate : Handphones in Schools
webmaster Posted on: 2006/1/22 9:14
hah the thing is because students never obey the rules and regulations of handphone in schools. that is why government taken back the idea of letting the student use handphones in school.

It was reported that the students use them in classrooms for entertainment purposes and some even rang in the classroom. So you see.. the students brought it upon themselves.

In a way I agree with "handphones are not allowed in schools" because that will increase more problems like handphone theft, blackmails and so and so.

#6 Re: Debate : Handphones in Schools
edgar Posted on: 2006/1/22 14:42
You may have the right point, but havent you think that this is when the authorities and schools gets involved then heh?

They cannot just impose any ban when they have not even tried to do anything to solve the problems. If that is the case, then why do we have judges and lawyers in this world? To make sure there is justice in the laws and make sure offender are penalised, say smoking in public areas is prohibited, so should we just ban the entire country from smokinh just because some people decided to break the law and smoke in public places?

So it's the all the same with laws and regulations, only the offender should be paying for the consequences, not the innocents. They should reconsider their ban if they are matured enough. How can we modernised the country when the mentality does not modernised?

#7 Re: Debate : Handphones in Schools
webmaster Posted on: 2006/1/22 19:45
Quote:

To make sure there is justice in the laws and make sure offender are penalised, say smoking in public areas is prohibited, so should we just ban the entire country from smokinh just because some people decided to break the law and smoke in public places?

I freakin' agree and support the banning smoking in the country. cause as you and everyone else in the world knows. smoking kills but why are people still smoking. some rules need to be applied with force cause no matter how much you try, people just won't understand until something bad happen. you will need to use another example to convince me about the handphone thingy.

Quote:

So it's the all the same with laws and regulations, only the offender should be paying for the consequences, not the innocents. They should reconsider their ban if they are matured enough. How can we modernised the country when the mentality does not modernised?

In this very case, I would consider the "students" as a group of people. The "teachers" are a group of people. The "parents" are a group of people. and the goverment is a "group of powerful people".

One student broke the rule and its the name of the "students" will be blamed. This sort of case won't be like a student convicted of murder and the spotlight in on that particular student.

This case is more like "wearing a uniform and not wearing a uniform in school." or "studying BM or not studying BM in all schools".

So I personally thing that this case cannot be solved by pin-pointing students who broke the rule.

How do you think the school can control students from following the handphone rule and guidelines ?

#8 Re: Debate : Handphones in Schools
edgar Posted on: 2006/1/22 21:08
Cigarettes are big industry, so there is no denying the fact that the sales should not be abolished, although yes, it's true that it is harmful to your health.

Just like mobile phones, shall we request for the banning of the use of mobile phones in the country? In my previous assignment, I had done intense research on the use of mobile phones and the effects (read: health risk)but it is still no denying that mobile phones are indeed a big player in the industries and the sales should go on.

Mobile phones are allowed in schools in other countries, and I cannot see why they should not be allowed here. What other people can do, we can do it either, wouldn't you agree? Like I said before, they just have to work things out to make sure everyone follows the rules, thats one of the many ways to train a better mentality of the students ,'Always follow the rules' , not is it good for the future of the students themselves but building a greater nation.

#9 Re: Debate : Handphones in Schools
webmaster Posted on: 2006/1/23 10:42
Quote:

Cigarettes are big industry, so there is no denying the fact that the sales should not be abolished, although yes, it's true that it is harmful to your health.

Just like mobile phones, shall we request for the banning of the use of mobile phones in the country? In my previous assignment, I had done intense research on the use of mobile phones and the effects (read: health risk)but it is still no denying that mobile phones are indeed a big player in the industries and the sales should go on.

Just because cigarettes is a big industry and therefore it cannot be abolished? think about it another way. A druglord relies on drug sales to make more money. Why was the druglords removed from existence in the world? Its a big industry like cigarettes wat. hah think about that.

Okay, back to the mobile phones. today's paper is going to be very interesting for this topic for discussing.

Quote:

Mobile phones are allowed in schools in other countries, and I cannot see why they should not be allowed here. What other people can do, we can do it either, wouldn't you agree? Like I said before, they just have to work things out to make sure everyone follows the rules, thats one of the many ways to train a better mentality of the students ,'Always follow the rules' , not is it good for the future of the students themselves but building a greater nation.

I would say, the students here are more "immature" compare to the students overseas.

Why not judge the issue through pros and cons? I am pretty sure cons will be more pros. Meaning, handphone in school done more harm than good.

common common your turn for the debate. give in more facts

#10 Re: Debate : Handphones in Schools
edgar Posted on: 2006/1/24 1:33
I did not try to mean that Cigarettes are big industry but they should not be abolished, but those if the government tried to abolished them, they have to think about the concequenses of their action, think about revenue lost, and is a big one.

So yes, back to mobile phones in school. You know they are immature, why not make them more matured? Why would one know the students are immature so they should be left immature for the rest of their life? Why not try to make them matured? See, thats is what's up with the Malaysian cultural, it is like "aiyah, never mind la, they are still small and immature, let them be" that is we dont improve and then keep comparing them with the standard of living of another country and we do not try to work it up to achieve it?

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]