KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

PENTAX K-10D
Home away from home
From Australia

Anyone tested this camera before? One word: AWESOMEEEEE!

I was given the privilege to test out this camera yesterday. Privilege? Why? Because it is so bloody hard to get your hand on one of these units. All the unarrived stocks were sold out just before Christmas 2006. Yes, pre-booked and already sold out even before the stocks arrived late last year.

I visited the my camera shop yesterday and they let me try one of the again, sold out stock. It belongs to one of the customers but he hasn't come and pick it up yet, so, I gave it a try and it was bloody awesome.

I would never had consider a Pentax DSLR before, because I always thought they were cheap entry level DSLR especially the older K10 model. But the shop owner told me that I was wrong, he told me Pentax has been in the SLR industry for so long they are famous world over, their collector's model K1000 film SLR will cost more than any new DSLR today.

The K10 was good, but was later beaten by the newer model Nikon and Canon, but with the newly released K10D, it beats the rest flat out. The image are marvelous.

The RRP for the Pentax K10D in Australia is AUD$1645, comes with the body and the original Pentax 18-50mm lens kit. Sigma makes lens kit for Pentax SLR, so aftermarket support is strong. If you haven't try this new DSLR, try it, you won't be dissapoint.

It has 10megapixel and uses the same chip as Nikon, but is 2x better than the quality of Nikon. It is currently the market leader for DSLR and very very high in demand. After the 2nd batch of stocks, every camera shops still runs out of stock, and more bookings to come.

Specs here:

PENTAX K10D

PENTAX K10D

Posted on: 2007/1/18 11:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: PENTAX K-10D
Webmaster
From Kuching
heh looks great.
hopefully someone aroun d would get one of these and I will test it out

Posted on: 2007/1/18 12:35

Home away from home
From Australia
You will not dissapoint. Lucky me for holding back from buying the Canon earlier, I am still waiting for better offers to come by, at the moment, the price is sizzling hot, I'll wait till the demand cools down, hopefully can get a better deal.

Posted on: 2007/1/18 14:14

Home away from home
From Australia
I came over again to check out the K10D's second batch to Australia, and boy boy, I was hooked with the salesman for more than 1 hour trying to test out every single functions of this camera.

Not only that, I did a comparison test between 3 major DSLR brands. The other models I tried out was the Canon 400D and the Nikon D40. Nikon was straight out, despite it's smaller and lighter body it only has a 6mp, not that I fancy higher resolution, but common, enter the 21st century, even it doesn't matter as long as you don't go for larger prints, but hey, number counts, if it's higher, it always sound more promising

And tested out the Canon, sorry, the smaller view finder and the older production as well as the not the friendliest camera is a bit to worry on.

Enter the Pentax K10D world, and you would be amazed by it's huge view finder, clear bright and sharp, that you wouldn't even want to take your eyes off it. All the buttons are properly positioned within your fingers' movement area, so if you have memorised where all the buttons are located, you can easily press them, push them, etc and still having your eyes glued to the viewfinder.

The images taken are very very sharp, and it takes 5 frames per second, 2 frames more than the Canon, and it uses SD card, so meaning, you can get a huge capacity highspeed SD memory card and not having to spend a fortune. While the ability to have control over RAW format from the camera itself is a real bonus.

This Pentax K10D is very highly recommended!

Posted on: 2007/2/6 23:46

Webmaster
From Kuching
All u have to do now is ...
take out your credit card and swipe!

Posted on: 2007/2/6 23:53

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.