tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

New Mall, New Hypermarket.....
Home away from home
HSL to start RM600m project

By JACK WONG

KUCHING: Hock Seng Lee Bhd (HSL) will embark on its most ambitious high-end mixed development project – La Promenade.

With an estimated gross development value (GDV) of RM600mil, the project is an exclusive gated community in Sungai Kuap area, near Kuching International Airport.

Wholly-owned subsidiary Hock Seng Lee Construction Sdn Bhd will undertake the project, which will have more 1,000 houses, a commercial centre comprising 200 shophouses and office blocks, an international school and a clubhouse.

Executive director Yii Chee Sing told StarBiz the project was now in the detailed planning stage.

Yii said the company expected to start work early next year on another major mixed development project in Samariang Aman in Bandar Baru Samariang, Kuching where it was now building 642 houses.

Yii Chee Sing at the Samariang Aman project site
“This project will comprise 220 shophouses, a seven-storey office block, a mall, a hypermarket and a food court. It will be implemented in three phases over three years,” he added.

On the multi-phased Samariang Baru residential development, he said the first 90 terrace houses had been delivered to buyers. Construction work is under way for 236 more units, which have been sold.

Yii said the company’s two other ongoing residential developments were the Highfields (175 units) in Batu Kawa and Lavender Hills (64 units) at the 21.6km stretch of Jalan Kuching-Serian.

The company is set to launch its first housing project outside Kuching – Vista Parade (39 units) in Sibu – later this year. It also plans to expand its property development to Miri and Bintulu.

Yii said HSL, which diversified into property development in 2000, was tapping into the segment of affordable units priced below RM200,000.

“Our signature product is the courtyard terrace which greatly enhances the ambience of single-storey houses by bringing light and ventilation into the centre of the home.”

Yii attributed the strong demand for HSL-built homes to its variety of innovative design choices.

Posted on: 2007/6/12 10:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: New Mall, New Hypermarket.....
Home away from home
From Kitty City
Hypermall? In samariang ah... then not much anticipation liao...

Posted on: 2007/6/12 10:38

Home away from home
From Kuching
so far ar.... how 2 go lol

Posted on: 2007/6/12 12:10

Home away from home
RM600mln is for La Promenade's project, this project comprise 1,000 houses, a commercial centre comprising 200 shophouses and office blocks, an international school and a clubhouse.

RM130mln is for Samariang Aman's project, this project comprise 220 shophouses, a seven-storey office block, a mall, a hypermarket and a food court.

Posted on: 2007/6/12 18:08

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

KUCHING: Hock Seng Lee Bhd (HSL) will embark on its most ambitious high-end mixed development project – La Promenade.

With an estimated gross development value (GDV) of RM600mil, the project is an exclusive gated community in Sungai Kuap area, near Kuching International Airport.

Wholly-owned subsidiary Hock Seng Lee Construction Sdn Bhd will undertake the project, which will have more 1,000 houses, a commercial centre comprising 200 shophouses and office blocks, an international school and a clubhouse.

First of all, the name, "La Promenade". how do u even pronounce that. I wonder if they got the name from La Promenade,
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

and also houses by the airport. yea you can get to the airport in 1 min, but wouldn't the resident get sleepless night? perhaps not cause KIA is never a busy airport anyway.

Posted on: 2007/6/12 19:40

Home away from home
From Kuching
but in the future IF the air traffic gets heavier ... those people might get sleepless nite.

Posted on: 2007/6/12 22:27

Home away from home
From Kuching
La Promenade (pronounced Pro-Muh-Nard), if I'm not mistaken, is situated along the left side of the Kch-Samarahan expressway, as you cross the bridge going towards Kota Samarahan. The bridge is currently being upgraded. You can notice the site being cleared and earth works being carried out when you drive past. It's quite close to the airport, but not that close la.

What's interesting to note is the development boom in Kota Samarahan. Besides HSL, there are plenty of developers there with sizable projects either ongoing or near launching stage. One wonders whether there's sufficient demand for all of these properties to be built in a previously "semi-ulu" place. Also, the trend nowadays seems to favour gated-guarded developments, which is heartening to see.

Posted on: 2007/6/13 9:14

Home away from home
From Kitty City
Quote:

dckw wrote:
La Promenade (pronounced Pro-Muh-Nard), if I'm not mistaken, is situated along the left side of the Kch-Samarahan expressway, as you cross the bridge going towards Kota Samarahan. The bridge is currently being upgraded. You can notice the site being cleared and earth works being carried out when you drive past. It's quite close to the airport, but not that close la.

What's interesting to note is the development boom in Kota Samarahan. Besides HSL, there are plenty of developers there with sizable projects either ongoing or near launching stage. One wonders whether there's sufficient demand for all of these properties to be built in a previously "semi-ulu" place. Also, the trend nowadays seems to favour gated-guarded developments, which is heartening to see.

Promenade is sumthin like a raised walkway for leisure walk, usually at coastal area. I think they name it so is to giv ppl an impression of a relaxing and soothing environment kua?

As for supply n demand, no doubt there are risks of oversupply, but it'll oso b a chance for a city to expand its influence. The below cycle, if every favorable circumstances are met, will follow:
1) developers scare losing money, so promote their houses more eagerly
2) buyers get influenced and buy, or buyers from other towns (such as sibu and others) may sense a chance of investment, and also join the purchase
3) these property owners will then either wanted to live there themselves, or rent it out
4) as a result, population of the area will grow
5) this will create space for more economic activities, and which will again result in more people moving in
6) as a result, d new area florishes~

This trend is particularly obvious in the 3rd mile to stampin stretch now, whereby 20 yrs back then is still considered "semi-ulu".

Posted on: 2007/6/13 10:47

Home away from home
From Sydney
This boom sounds as if it's being spread eastwards towards Kota Samarahan. The area is good, soil is far more stable than Matang or Batu Kawa so I heard, and who doesn't want to live near a golf course?

A private gated community catering for the affluent of Kuching, near a golf course, and a hop away from the new market, imported goods within easy reach (Tabuan Heights/BDC/Green Heights), 10 minutes away from the airport, name me one professional who doesn't see this as heaven.

Th 3rd Mile-Stampin stretch doesn't seem suburban to me. In fact, sometimes it seems more lively than the city proper. But what I believe the government is trying to do now is to move the development of high end property towards the Petra Jaya side. Petra Jaya has a lot of government investment but only has housing, not much of the wealth or diversity in development in South Kuching.

For all we know, Kuching might suddenly accidentally become a Los Angeles, with multiple urban centres with no properly defined heart. Good, in that the population is dispersed, but bad in that you must have a car to move about.

The gated community in Batu Kawa isn't as nice as it sounds, I heard. HSL is a reputable builder, I trust that their big project will be a worthwhile investment.

Good going on the projected growth cycle there, Maozi!

Posted on: 2007/6/13 12:47

Home away from home
From Kitty City
Quote:

mochaholic wrote:
This boom sounds as if it's being spread eastwards towards Kota Samarahan. The area is good, soil is far more stable than Matang or Batu Kawa so I heard, and who doesn't want to live near a golf course?

A private gated community catering for the affluent of Kuching, near a golf course, and a hop away from the new market, imported goods within easy reach (Tabuan Heights/BDC/Green Heights), 10 minutes away from the airport, name me one professional who doesn't see this as heaven.

Th 3rd Mile-Stampin stretch doesn't seem suburban to me. In fact, sometimes it seems more lively than the city proper. But what I believe the government is trying to do now is to move the development of high end property towards the Petra Jaya side. Petra Jaya has a lot of government investment but only has housing, not much of the wealth or diversity in development in South Kuching.

For all we know, Kuching might suddenly accidentally become a Los Angeles, with multiple urban centres with no properly defined heart. Good, in that the population is dispersed, but bad in that you must have a car to move about.

The gated community in Batu Kawa isn't as nice as it sounds, I heard. HSL is a reputable builder, I trust that their big project will be a worthwhile investment.

Good going on the projected growth cycle there, Maozi!

Thanks And I enjoy reading ur posts~ very informative! Hee~
The thing i refer 3rd mile-stampin stretch as 'semi-ulu' was becos 20+ yrs back then, when papa n mama bought d house (where we live till now) there, mama was still complaining tat d place is like very 'san ba (jungled area)', haha~

Well, prove that papa's vision is accurate though~

Posted on: 2007/6/13 14:01

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.