KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

What are the tourism impact on Kuching?
Webmaster
From Kuching
Any idea on the positive and negative impacts?

Posted on: 2007/11/19 15:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: What are the tourism impact on Kuching?
Home away from home
From sarawak
Tourism by rite has brings a lot to kch city..Existing of hotels by the riverside is all due to tourism.nature attraction, wildlife park is all visited by tourist..craft industry has grow tremendoulsy due to it..job opportunities for the local..hospitality, f&b outlets & etc..

overall, its bring positive value..

Posted on: 2007/11/19 16:20

Home away from home
From sarawak
oh, btw webbie, i think u should more cntrol this site so that we can discuss meaningful ideas to our tourism industry..i hold strong to your slogan " Catscity.com.my - kuching travel information site'..

i love topic like this..we can help developing our tourism industry..maybe we should give more valuable contribution to the tourist who browse this website..

Posted on: 2007/11/19 16:31

Home away from home
bring good reputation to our city, a better understanding on how's kuching like.

Posted on: 2007/11/19 16:46

Home away from home
From Kedah
Quote:

kiko wrote:
oh, btw webbie, i think u should more cntrol this site so that we can discuss meaningful ideas to our tourism industry..i hold strong to your slogan " Catscity.com.my - kuching travel information site'..

i love topic like this..we can help developing our tourism industry..maybe we should give more valuable contribution to the tourist who browse this website..

my view pulak, maybe webmaster should change the tagline..

Posted on: 2007/11/19 20:18

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

kiko wrote:

thanks for the comment. at the same time, i wish the site can be dedicated to the locals as well. I have done alot on my side on anything besides the forum, article, news, photos. etc etc. when it comes to the forum, the tourist need to post question themselves in order for others or me to answer then, Indirectly contributing as you said.

Posted on: 2007/11/19 20:45

Webmaster
From Kuching
Back to the topic. how do you think one of the many factors in terms of political, environment and economic ? any ideas?

Posted on: 2007/11/19 20:47

Just can't stay away
Actually I am not really understand the meaning of this topic. As far as I know, tourism (hospitality) industry has become main nation income for a lots of countries. For example Singapore, it's rushing to build two mega intergrated resorts (IR) in it's little dot island (to be completed in 2009), and confirm bringing in Night Race F1 in 2008, and with the completion of circle line (another phase of underground mrt), Spore will attract 1 million tourists easily.

Come back to kuching, yes, we need to contribute much more affords in order to develop our own tourism industry in this small city. Hopes this catscity.com can not only cater for local needs, but for foreigners as well. Not to mention our friendly kuchingians.

Posted on: 2007/11/19 22:50

Webmaster
From Kuching
Lets say in some countries. The Alps snowy mountain. The tourism is highly affect the area as some tourist does not take care of the place. public littering. Furthermore, the public transport is getting more and more and is causing high pollution due to the increasing tourist.

thats an example. But how does tourism affect us in Kuching?

Posted on: 2007/11/19 23:27

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Quote:

kiko wrote:

I think the forums are fine the way they are now, where everything under the sun is discussed. Discussions doesn't necessarily have to be tourism related. Why limit ourselves to talking only about tourism?

There's plenty of information on Kuching for the tourists on the other sections of the site. If they have any further inquiries, they can post a thread on the forum to ask. It'll be better that way, as we can answer directly at their questions.

Posted on: 2007/11/19 23:51

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]