Main Menu
New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

What to do if you lost your International Passport?
Quite a regular
I have experienced this, if you experience the same thing-touch wood, don't get panic, here's the thing that you need to do:

1. Lodge a police report (any police station - Sekama, Simpang tiga-preferable due to nearby immigration office.. etc), they will ask you to tell the whole story while they type on the computer all the details. Pay RM5.00

2. Go to immigration office at Simpang Tiga Banguna Sultan Iskandar 2nd floor and ask for the missing passport form. Pay RM3.00

3. Go to the Resident Office in Kuching Town, infront of the Kuching City police station and ask for their autograph aka signature. Pay RM15.00

4. Drive back to the immigration dept at Banguunan Sultan Iskandar and go to the booth no#2 and they redirect you to a room for a 1 to 1 talk with the officer.

1 month later, you'll have a new passport... (depends on case)

So, take care of your belongings and be good Kuching citizens

Posted on: 2008/1/18 22:25

Edited by webbie on 2008/1/18 22:42:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: What to do if you lost your International Passport?
Home away from home
From in your mind
what if you're a foreign tourist? I think tendency of losing passports here is rare for us locals... unless u just got out of the airport and kena robbed or something.

Posted on: 2008/1/18 22:55

Home away from home
From Sydney
Actually, the number 3 part can differ.

The signature you need is actually from a magistrate. If you can't or would prefer to avoid the jams and congestion at the Kuching Resident's Office opposite Central Police Station/Central Padang, just head over to the High Court Complex, go to the High Court Registry and look for the magistrate, just tell them you need some forms signed and verified.

If you're a foreign tourist, just go to the police station, get a statement, and head for the nearest embassy or consulate. The embassy will prepare one-way international travel passes for you, normally on the day itself.

Posted on: 2008/1/19 0:54

Quite a regular
Quote:

mochaholic wrote:
Actually, the number 3 part can differ.

The signature you need is actually from a magistrate. If you can't or would prefer to avoid the jams and congestion at the Kuching Resident's Office opposite Central Police Station/Central Padang, just head over to the High Court Complex, go to the High Court Registry and look for the magistrate, just tell them you need some forms signed and verified.

If you're a foreign tourist, just go to the police station, get a statement, and head for the nearest embassy or consulate. The embassy will prepare one-way international travel passes for you, normally on the day itself.

Those were my xperience which i want to share to public on how terrible it is to get another pasport if you lost the original one.

Just want to add: These are the things needed.
1. 2 pasport size photos - available on the ground floor at the staircase going up to 1st floor where the immegresion office.
2. 2 photocopies of the birth cert. Bring the original too.
3. 2 photocopies of your IC. Bring the original too.
Photocopy mechines available at the shop next to the post office of the same building.

Posted on: 2008/1/20 0:21

Home away from home
From Australia
I know losing your passport could be a terrible experience, but thanks for bringing that up, and more thanks for reminding us what we need to bring, as my experience goes, there isn't much information in any forms issued by the government that states what you need to bring along, until you get to the counter and be told about it, which is annoying because you have to leave and come back another time.

Posted on: 2008/1/21 7:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]