tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 11 »

S’wakians 5 times richer now
Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Yesterday I bought The Borneo Post for the sake of my TOTO match and the word struck my attention....

"SARAWAKIANS Are 5 Times Richer Now"

All my friends laughed and I say "What? You must be joking!" The one said we're 5 times richer should rephrase that sentence.

1) Not all Sarawakians are rich. The Bumi's (Iban) still striving hard for a living.

2) Most (but not all) Sarawakian Chinese open their own business and doesn't mean they are rich.

3) Standard of living in Sarawak still not like what they mentioned "high". Only to a certain extend and groups. We're moderate and easy going...

That day I went Sibu saw many police surrounded a house. No wonder... It's taib on and other BN-Bn's on the spot. LOL...

Reminder : Election is near. Vote who you think is worth voting for... Sarawakians are 5 tiems richer now. -.- lol.

---------------------------------------------------------

Taib says prosperity more evident in the last 20 years, thanks to people-BN unity

SIBU: Chief Minister Pehin Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud said the commitment of the people and the government to the State’s economic development has helped to raise the per capita income by five times in the last two decades.

Speaking at a Chinese New Year gathering hosted by Sibu United Chinese Association at the town’s civic centre last night, he said this was especially so in the decades when he was the chief minister.

He said this could be achieved because there was unity between the people and the BN government, “and with such a strong economic base, the people and government can do more in the next few decades”.

Taib listed the launch of Sarawak Corridor of Renewable Energy (SCORE) by the prime minister today in Bintulu as a dream come true for all.

“This is one way the people are working with the government to realise the mission and vision, and this will definitely create more jobs and greater income.”

Describing SCORE as the next era of progress, he said it would benefit the immediate surrounding areas like Sibu, Bintulu, and Miri while the spillover would reach the whole State.

He said the prime minister, who is here today to launch the project in Bintulu, is happy with what the people and the government could do together.

“And let us make this Year of the Rat a prosperous and joyous period.”

Emphasising the importance of harmony and unity in development, he said the people and the government could not achieve much without working together.

“In a democratic country, it is important to accept the rule of the majority. We cannot progress if the minority keeps demonstrating their feelings through riots and violence, which will only cause the nation to plunge into deeper disorder and chaos.”

He said the government was committed to continuing the development even at the expense of cutting oil subsidies so that the people could survive in harsher economic situations.

Reflecting on the current global economic situation, he said the prices of food, particularly those of soya bean, corn and wheat, had increased because of the demand of these cash crops for making bio-fuel.

“We cannot escape from this problem, not even the US, which has now plunged deeper into economic turmoil not only because of the rising food prices, but also their mortgage problems.”

He said for Malaysia, the people were lucky because other big Asian countries like India and China were emerging as economic powers, and these had helped the countries in the region to minimise the global economic turmoil.

“In Malaysia, we must understand that there is no short term economic solution, and SCORE will therefore take us to a new height of growth,” he said.

source

Posted on: 2008/2/12 15:54

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: S’wakians 5 times richer now
Home away from home
From in your mind
Hoho.. what a lot of BS.

Posted on: 2008/2/12 23:16

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
wooowhooo!!! im 5 times richer! Eh, then why am i still in debt?!

Posted on: 2008/2/13 1:11

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
This is a sign that they gonna increase prices of things. maybe 5 times. scary huh...

Posted on: 2008/2/13 1:33

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
OMG, thinking of a bowl of Kolo Mee cost RM12.50 in Kuching and a cup of Ice Lemon Tea that currently cost RM1.20 becomes RM6.00! OMFG!!! NO WAY MAN! Nah, the CM is just talking crap only... Cannot trust what he said! Hahahahaha...

Posted on: 2008/2/13 8:40

Home away from home
From sarawak
20 years ago income is merely RM500 - 800 for executive post..tis is wat my uncle said..but now, executive income is between 1700 - 10K..however, CM forgot to remind about inflation..

Posted on: 2008/2/13 8:58

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Our CM done nothing much all these years. Just dig our money and put into his pocket. For my opinion, I will not support him and man, how old is him right now?! Why ain't any substitutions for him? Shoo shoo shoo...

Posted on: 2008/2/13 9:01

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
ya lo now score very big jackpot from badawi somemore.

Posted on: 2008/2/13 9:41

Home away from home
From Australia
Sarawak may be 5times richer, but certainly not its people.

Posted on: 2008/2/13 9:50

Home away from home
From Kuching
ramblings from a senile old man...yawn...

Posted on: 2008/2/13 10:35

(1) 2 3 4 ... 11 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.