KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Astro Smart card upgrade
Home away from home
It seems that our smart card needs to upgrade for the purpose of security (it seems..). Anybody has made the switch? Anybody know what's the purpose of the upgrade, becos Astro doesn't really tell the purpose of the upgrade.
Does it means that once we upgrade the smart card, only that smart card will works on the decoder? Does it mean that we cannot the smart card on other decoder?

Posted on: 2008/4/14 13:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Astro Smart card upgrade
Home away from home
From Kch
Astro has got alot of catches in its deals n promos, no?

And how is this related to Food? :P

Posted on: 2008/4/14 13:56
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Home away from home
From Sydney
It doesn't happen much in Kuching but in West Malaysia, fake sim cards and fake decoders abound. You see all those posters of 'Astro Installer! Panggil 01X-XXXXXXX' or 'reinstall Astro! Call XXX' or 'special satelite!' The new sim card is like a pin card, identifies the original decoder, all that stuff; that's what I heard from across the sea.

Mine better arrive soon, apparently if you don't install and upgrade 2 weeks after receiving it (perhaps 2 weeks after Astro sent it?), something will happen to your Astro. Something bad...like, no E! or you'll be penalised for not upgrading by paying double your bill.

And I think kapsikum accidentally pressed 'new topic' while he was reading a 'food and beverages' thread.

Posted on: 2008/4/14 15:03

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Most sarawkians own a satellite dish almost every household. Care to say you can receive channels worldwide including astro (for hacked cards).

Posted on: 2008/4/14 15:39

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
Sorry about posting it in Food & Beverages.....I was reading the Kolo mee section...forgot to change

Posted on: 2008/4/14 15:42

Home away from home
Quote:

mochaholic wrote:
It doesn't happen much in Kuching but in West Malaysia, fake sim cards and fake decoders abound. You see all those posters of 'Astro Installer! Panggil 01X-XXXXXXX' or 'reinstall Astro! Call XXX' or 'special satelite!' The new sim card is like a pin card, identifies the original decoder, all that stuff; that's what I heard from across the sea.

Not sure if I like the upgrade,...mine got movies.....weekends usually went back to parents house and put my smart card there. That means I won't be able to watch movies there.

Posted on: 2008/4/14 15:48

Home away from home
Quote:

mochaholic wrote:

And I think kapsikum accidentally pressed 'new topic' while he was reading a 'food and beverages' thread.

Yup, u're right mochaholic....kolo mee.....

Posted on: 2008/4/14 15:49

Quite a regular
I have changed the 'gold color' new astro sim card .. mmm .. wonder what is the real motive behind .. by the way the stupid instructions will not let you get the job done and I hav to call to their customer service

For those who hasn't change your astro sim card, before you follow the instruction please change the channel to 880, then later follow the instruction. This an important information and yet is not state down in the 'instruction' guide! geram la!

Posted on: 2008/4/14 23:34

Not too shy to talk
yeah.. i also called the customer service and damn the instruction that they sent was useless. The most important point, change to channel 880 is not even stated in there.

I think if they change the manual and say switch to channel 880 and follow the instruction on screen better

Posted on: 2008/4/15 8:58

Home away from home
Haven't got my new gold card. BTW, what will happen to the old card? return back? can the old one still be use with the decoder?

Posted on: 2008/4/15 9:59

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.