tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Buntal Village
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
The last trip, I visited Krokong. This weekend, I went to Buntal Village for some sunrise shooting by the beach.

Buntal Village is popular for their seafood variety and also a scenic view. Small village with number of residents of malays and chinese. Main income resource would be fishing if not mistaken.

Some photos taken today:

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2008/4/27 22:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Buntal Village
Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

webbie wrote:
The last trip, I visited Krokong. This weekend, I went to Buntal Village for some sunrise shooting by the beach.

Buntal Village is popular for their seafood variety and also a scenic view. Small village with number of residents of malays and chinese. Main income resource would be fishing if not mistaken.

Some photos taken today:

Open in new window

Open in new window

Gosh Webbie, this 2 are great photos you took!
I like it so much cos the color and the focusing are so nice.
By the way webbie can you tell me are you a professional photographer?
I like to taker photo too but I only have Sony T-9.
Thinking of getting Nikon D60, any advice? Thanks!

Posted on: 2008/4/27 23:14

Home away from home
From Kch
Oh my... so beautiful~ Like the 2nd pic very much.

Sunrise shud be shared wif that special someone ne. Hehe. Oh wait, or shud that be sunset? Sunset shud be more beautiful... but. It's like the end of the day. Not a very nice allegory. Hmm. whatever.

Posted on: 2008/4/27 23:22
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Thank you for the comments, cracker.
Heh had to wake up at 4am just for photo shooting.

I am not a pro photographer. only armed with basic photography equipment. Nikon D50 and Kit lens.

I believe any camera can take good photos. just matter of skills. D60 would be good for entry level. depending on where you want to go with it. you may consider skipping to D300 or D80 right away.

D60 is similiar to D40x and D40. No motor and lack of focusing point. that is what you should consider.

Well anyway this thread is not really about photography. its about Buntal Village. start a thread if you need further discussion.

Posted on: 2008/4/27 23:22

Just can't stay away
From London UK
Looks wonderful. Is it far from Kuching?

Posted on: 2008/4/28 1:02

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Its nearby to Sanbubong if you can get there. We drove about 80 to 100 from Green Road. took us about 40 mins. Well it was early in the morning and no cars on road. started journey at 4.40am

these are the places you won't find in tourism brochures. nothing much there, but if you like to enjoy a "kampung (village) life." Heh it can be interesting depending on the visitor's interest.

as for me, i am just looking at scenic places to shoot some photos

Posted on: 2008/4/28 1:15

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Hey maybe u can put a speed light far away from the boat and project it as a subject. it'll be cool :P

Posted on: 2008/4/28 11:24

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Kuching
I like the seafood there!
Each time when I spent one night in Damai sure will drove to Buntal Village for dinner.

Last time had Dolphin Restaurant, it was nice but close already.
Eating there you can enjoy the food, the village and the view (provided you dont be too late, say about 6-715pm), the view is amazing.

Posted on: 2008/4/28 23:29

Home away from home
From Terra
Clubbing as the sun rises is fantastic, clubbing as the sun sets is fantastic, enjoying the sun set while on the balcony or a deck is great to enjoy with anyone, while watching the sun rise is equally awesome, be it in bed or at the top of the mountain.

Haven't been to Buntal in a while, but it is a famous spot for West Malaysian foodies. Friends and cousin's husband take the time to drive all the way up there just to eat seafood; much more fresh and less pricey than in Top Spot.

There were two restaurants there, right? The moment you pass the hall on your left, there are two restaurants there. Are they still there? The first one you see, forgot the name, has great food.

And it took Webbie 40 mins to head there? Usually takes 25-30, be it me or whoever is driving...and at 4am, easily 15 at 90km/h.

Posted on: 2008/4/29 10:45

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Quote:

Mocha wrote:
Clubbing as the sun rises is fantastic, clubbing as the sun sets is fantastic, enjoying the sun set while on the balcony or a deck is great to enjoy with anyone, while watching the sun rise is equally awesome, be it in bed or at the top of the mountain.

Haven't been to Buntal in a while, but it is a famous spot for West Malaysian foodies. Friends and cousin's husband take the time to drive all the way up there just to eat seafood; much more fresh and less pricey than in Top Spot.

There were two restaurants there, right? The moment you pass the hall on your left, there are two restaurants there. Are they still there? The first one you see, forgot the name, has great food.

And it took Webbie 40 mins to head there? Usually takes 25-30, be it me or whoever is driving...and at 4am, easily 15 at 90km/h.

hmm the restaurants are still there but not sure if its owned by the same people 10 years back.

we had another friend's car following from behind so may slow down. aha and the buntal roads are quite dark. street lighting seemed to be missing. estimated 40 mins or less

Posted on: 2008/4/29 10:51

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.