tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

health education class
Home away from home
From kuching
do u think opening a health education centre is profitable in kuching ??

i means introduce the public with medical terms eg diabetes mellitus , choric renal failure , lymphocytes , erythocyte, leukemia, thallassemia, sorbitol .....

i mean promoting health through classroom basis ...

health education among kuchingnites is vey very low compared to west malaysians .. they only curious when they have certian disease complications ..

i have medical education before and would like to make use of it ..but dunnno how to CHANNEL it ... any idea ??

Posted on: 2008/9/20 11:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: health education class
Home away from home
From kuching~~places where pretty girls are..
open ler..i think its a good idea hehe

Posted on: 2008/9/20 11:21

Home away from home
From Kch
It depends on how you're gonna run it. I assume you mean giving regular seminars/lectures?

Posted on: 2008/9/20 12:43
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Home away from home
It depends on the scope of what you want to present. For the general public, they wouldnt usually bother. After all people can't predict what health problems they are going to have.

But I think it will not be profitable. After all if a patient/public wants to obtain information or be educated about diseases or health concepts the best place is a hospital or GPs right?

Posted on: 2008/9/20 14:17

Home away from home
From kuching
but GPs information sometimes is not adequate ...

what i mean is the pathological process of a disease ... how it comes about ?? eg hypertension related to the elasticity of the arterial wall and the strength of the heart .. blood pressure eg 120/80 means systolic and diastolic and what does it means ??

arteriosclerosis leading to heart attack .. because arterial wall got 3 layers but its the second layers that enlarged causing blockage of blood flow .....

some sort like that loh ... plus diagram for them to see .. u think its interesting ??

Posted on: 2008/9/20 21:22

Home away from home
From Kch
It might be too full of medical jargons for the public. Public health seminars/lectures should appeal to ppl by being simple to understand and relevant to them. Also... in Kch, these might not be money churners in comparison to those how-to-get-rich talks, so I doubt you can make profit from it.

Posted on: 2008/9/20 21:30
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
those diagrams are .. disgusting and people try their best not to face reality. ahah.

lots of medical direct sale company showing all those photos to scare ppl so they buy their products.

Posted on: 2008/9/20 21:59

Home away from home
The average person does not bother what the systolic or diastolic means as long as his/her BP is within the normal range.
It all boils down to the concept of patient education- give them what is important, spare the technical stuff. eg coronary artherosclerosis- who are most likely to get it, how to reduce the chance of developing severe problems, what can be done if you have it.

GPs will tell you the details if you ask. Thats what makes this a less than brilliant idea. Hospitals also give seminars to the public which makes a health education center rather redundant.

Posted on: 2008/9/20 22:11

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Well I think Kuchingites might be interested if there's a health education seminar around or perhaps it can go for a few free trials at certain logical venues, letting them know what your centre provide there after. You gotta have some marketing strategy before spinning off your business...

Posted on: 2008/9/21 11:12

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
the internet has all you need to know.

Posted on: 2008/9/21 12:33

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.