tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Narrow minded Kuchingnite
Home away from home
From Kota Samarahan
I think most of us underestimated what our city can do... if all people acting like this, how can our people survive the future... for me, most people are afraid of the future... Too scared to invest... hurm... what can we do???

Posted on: 2009/4/9 22:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Narrow minded Kuchingnite
Home away from home
From Terra
Let's see. Investment needs a degree of trust, confidence and depending on your appetite for risk, potential stability. Are people underestimating what Kuching can become? That is a very subjective question.

Are we afraid of the future? We cannot foresee what might happen in the future, we can only predict; and even then, predictions can be manipulated.

If you were given RM50 billion to invest, how would you invest it in Kuching, with a metropolitan population of around 750 000 (let's not get into a discussion of population here, there's already a thread for that), and despite having the second highest per-capita income after the Klang Valley, is still intent on being frugal?

Unless, of course, you turn all of Kuching into a free-trade area, with no personal tax and negligible corporate taxes, liberal ideals where everything goes and a nanny state for the locals; fueling a minor population boom with foreigners taking over the city taking advantage of the low taxes, and South Indian workers at every corner building skyscrapers as a symbol of the future, vulnerable to the will of the Free Market. Only to see the Kuching we once knew gone, a sterile version, which we would long for and lament over.

I'm sure a majority of us here would like to see Kuching reach her future potential, but at what cost? It is not that there is a fear to invest, but potential returns on investment that is making us a little cautious and conservative, fiscally.

Posted on: 2009/4/9 22:27

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
most are afraid of change. see for instant comparing the recent by polls.

Posted on: 2009/4/9 23:14

Home away from home
talking about free tax zone.. does kch hv one?? i just realise that we don't.. do we?

Posted on: 2009/4/10 9:27

Home away from home
From Terra
Samajaya Free Trade Zone; but that is an industrial FTZ.

Posted on: 2009/4/10 9:48

Quite a regular
KUCHING: Four State Barisan Nasional (BN) component parties have voiced their disappointment on the new Federal Cabinet line-up announced by Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Mohd Najib Tun Razak yesterday.
However, they said the appointment of Ministers and Deputy Ministers was the prerogative of the Prime Minister.
President of Sarawak United People’s Party (SUPP), Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Dr George Chan Hong Nam, said he had recommended five-term Serian Member of Parliament, Datuk Richard Riot Jaem, for a ministerial post.
“To tell you the truth, I am disappointed that Riot was not included in the new cabinet line-up. His appointment would be a bridge between the Federal government and the Bidayuh community.
“However, as much as we want him to be in, it is the prerogative of the Prime Minister that he was not included,” Chan told Eastern Times here yesterday.
SUPP has one full Minister and three Deputy Ministers in the new cabinet line-up.
His sentiment was shared by Deputy President of Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB), Datuk Amar Abang Haji Johari Tun Openg.
“PBB has expected another full Minister in the line-up. At present we only have one in the person of Datuk Douglas Uggah Embas,” he said.
However, he said, with the appointment of Datuk Shafie Apdal as the new Minister of Rural and Regional Development would auger well not only for Sabah but also Sarawak.
“As it is a powerful Ministry which looks after the development of rural areas, I am confident that he can assist us to develop our rural areas,” he said.
President of Parti Rakyat Sarawak (PRS), Dato Sri Dr James Jemut Masing, said he was disappointed with the new cabinet line-up where PRS has only two Deputy Ministers in the persons of Datuk Joseph Entulu Beluan (Deputy Minister of Rural and Regional Development) and Datuk Joseph Sallang Gandum (Deputy Minister of Information, Unity, Culture and Arts).
He hoped that the Federal government would appoint more MPs from PRS to head Government-linked companies or statutory bodies.
“Our argument is this, since the last general election on March 8, BN had lost in four by-elections in Peninsular Malaysia and won only the Batang Ai by-election in Sarawak.
“So this goes to prove that even though we remained the BN stronghold, we don’t see the significance in the new cabinet line-up,” he said.
President of Sarawak Progressive Democratic Party (SPDP), Dato Sri William Mawan Ikom, said another full Minster from Sarawak should have been considered in the new cabinet line-up.
“But we can’t expect too much as Prime Minister must have the reasons for not doing so. The new cabinet has been downsized and few Ministries being merged,” he said.
He hoped the new cabinet would further strengthen the Federal government in facing the challenging economic crisis and maintaining the present peace and harmony in the country.
SPDP has two Deputy Ministers in the cabinet line-up and its Youth Chief, Dato’ Seri Tiong King Sing, is the Chairman of the BN Backbenchers’ club. ( paste frm Eastern Time's )

State @ Sarawak Gov. have made a succesfull job to build Sarawak by its own financial, own ideas, own product, but mostly big scale project under Federal when to GLC frm Peninsular......
We should proud 2 b Sarawakian coz most of our minister just have title Dato' @ Datuk..... no Tan Sri @ Tan Seri, Dato' Sri @ Dato' Seri, etc.....

Posted on: 2009/4/10 14:32

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
they scare to introduce Riot into cabinet due to narrow mindedness.

Posted on: 2009/4/10 14:43

Home away from home
From Kota Samarahan
Thank goodness i m not a bilionare's Son.... If i am... i can be Batman.. hahaha...

Posted on: 2009/4/10 17:56

Home away from home
From Kota Samarahan
There are something that we can change but there are something that MUST NOT be change.... For instance... Bad things must change into good things... And good things must stay as good things...

We dream of making the world a better place, but we keep damaging the world but we dont realize that we are damaging the world. This is where we need God, to lead us to the right path. I always pray to God to lead me to the right path, but, when i reach a point of success, i always forgot to be gratefull. To say thank you to Him. We as a human being have to pray to our Lord. Not by Karma or supernatural things because those things are just our human thought and it will lead to wrong things...

Posted on: 2009/4/10 18:05

Home away from home
From Boston
talking about Human thought and supernatural, thats what religion is all about? I believe you are there.. thats all..

Posted on: 2009/4/10 23:51

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]